Transfers

Keenan Henderson

So far:

North Dakota: 4  (Bruns, Howard, Igbanugo, McGrath)

NDSU:  3  (Cook, Haman, Harden-Hayes)

South Dakota:  3  (Chisom, Fuller, Koster)

Western Illinois:   3  (Anhold, Burrell, Flores)

St. Thomas:   2  (Nelson, Omersa)

There are numerous schools with four players in the transfer portal. I count 8 schools so far with five (IUPUI, ETSU, Loyola Marymount, New Hampshire, Northeastern, Prairie View A&M, Radford and The Citadel) and eight schools with six (George Mason, Hartford and Texas-Rio Grande Valley). Alabama State leads with 10(!) transfers...

4 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

True, but I would think a few of the names that we expect to see leave would want their names out there as soon as possible. In my mind, the only player that can afford to wait it out and still land wherever he wants is Max. 

I'm sure we'll start seeing announcements in the next few days, just surprised we haven't seen any yet. 

I'm surprised also. wishful thinking that no one leaves!?

And now Denver is on the board with two transfers:  Taelyr Gatlin and Payton Moore

I would suggest that 

39 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

I'm surprised also. wishful thinking that no one leaves!?

jmg - I would suggest that we don't know if we hope no one leaves. There are those we HOPE don't leave, like Max, Eli, and McBride. But the system Coach Mills implements and the chemistry of the team may dictate a change that could benefit the player and give the staff an opportunity to fill holes that will improve them for next year. I doubt that Jurgens, Weaver, Lacis, Jurgens or Phipps would leave. But it very well may include names like Herron, Clover and Burgens. Don't het me wrong,  I like our guys, but I'm not sure the best decisions for them or the team is to stay.

• Like 1

Sam Griesel from NDSU has entered the portal. NDSU is going to need to find some new pieces. Grant Nelson is a good player to build around if he stays.

A lot of these guys that are transferring already graduated but are using that extra covid year to see what is available or one could say better opportunity.

1 hour ago, ORUTerry said:

IUPUI had another player enter - their sixth.

But, seriously, if a player has an opportunity  to leave a place called “ooey-pooey”, shouldn’t he take it??? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

IUPUI had another player enter - their sixth.

Weren't they the team thay didn;t even have six players left on the roster at season's end?

If a tree falls in an empty forest, does it make a sound?  And if a manager or walk-on announces they're "entering the portal", does it really register?

meter vu GIF

NDSU now has five players in the transfer portal with Willie Guy leaving the Bison

Western Illinois now has 4 players leaving with Colton Sandage entering the transfer portal.

32 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Western Illinois now has 4 players leaving with Colton Sandage entering the transfer portal.

That's a big shot to their tourney chances, assuming he doesn't play. I know OSU had several of their football players put their name in the portal and still played in their bowl game. Will be interesting to see if he is able to do the same. 

NDSU now has six players in the transfer portal as Tyree Eady appears to be leaving.