Round 1: WIU

Keenan Henderson

Eli and Max push ORU to the 2nd Round vs. NDSU...80-68....Time for some payback vs. the Bison...👍

Weaver had been struggling mightily but a good game from him including some big threes. The Eagles plus 10 in rebounds and very effective at the line. That will win you some games in March. ORU marching onto the semifinals.

Good win tonight! We took care of business! Having an inside presence with Eli is big! It opens up so many other things.

Let's beat the Bison tomorrow night!

Weaver's three consecutive threes midway through the second half, after WIU had cut it to 4, were also huge.

Can someone explain why it took four months and almost 30 games to finally arrive at the best (and most obvious) starting line-up? 🤣

Or how about doubling the post on defense and looking to score in the paint on offense?  Where’s THAT been all season?

If this is the way Coach Mills plans to do it each year, basically running a “rope-a-dope” on everyone until March, then I might as well turn in my season tickets and spend the savings on a limo to Sioux Falls each March to watch the REAL team play their 3-game mini-season. 😉

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Can someone explain why it took four months and almost 30 games to finally arrive at the best (and most obvious) starting line-up? 🤣

Or how about doubling the post on defense and looking to score in the paint on offense?  Where’s THAT been all season?

If this is the way Coach Mills plans to do it each year, basically running a “rope-a-dope” on everyone until March, then I might as well turn in my season tickets and spend the savings on a limo to Sioux Falls each March to watch the REAL team play their 3-game mini-season. 😉

I do feel like I watched some very puzzling defensive efforts at the Mabee this year, but the games had the best atmosphere easily since the Tutt/Green days. Great crowds, even in the ice and snow! Maybe Mills has been handicapping us a bit, so to speak, (isolating a single defender down low ect.) to create more exciting games. It was just amazing how many close games we lost by 1 or 2 points. It's an exciting team to follow because you just don't know who is going to come off the bench and drop 25 points.

The Eagles played well even with Max having a somewhat quiet night, only made one three and had to hit a lot of free throws at the end to get his 22. It was good to see Max not trying to force too many shots and find his teammates, which lead to a team high five asssts. 

Francis played some tough defense on Barisic and forced three turnovers. Really need Francis to be a leader on defense as he was in March 2021.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There's just not been nearly enough banter about the way Elijah played last night.  He was a monster!  If we're hitting threes at a decent clip, and he's playing like that, the Eagles are dangerous once again, fellas...

I think he's gotten better and more confident with each of the last 4-5 games.  NDSU will be ready and we'll have to bring it to win this one.  Also, we should have cheering fans from SDSU, USD and a few from ORU tonight-perhaps as many as the Bison have, if not more.  LET'S GO BIG BLUE!

Rob   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

There's just not been nearly enough banter about the way Elijah played last night.  He was a monster!  If we're hitting threes at a decent clip, and he's playing like that, the Eagles are dangerous once again, fellas...

I totally agree!! I think he is starting to realize how dominant he can be, but he has absolutely been phenomenal the last several games, and very fun to watch. His dunks are explosive and an instant momentum boost. He has really developed his athleticism, for his size he is able to move incredibly well. 

with the way we have been shooting, Thank God we have his offensive rebounding. The guy is a beast. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2