Damen Bell-Holter update

Old Titan

Good Ol DBH....always a good dude....who can forget that 2/3 court buzzer beater at UALR about 10-11 years ago.....one of the memorable moments of the Sutton Era......:circle-logoi:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Good Ol DBH....always a good dude....who can forget that 2/3 court buzzer beater at UALR about 10-11 years ago.....one of the memorable moments of the Sutton Era......:circle-logoi:

• Like 1

I think it was at CENTRAL ARKANSAS…but yes, unforgettable!

No it was at UALR.  They haven’t played us much since that game happened.  We previously had a 4 year home and away agreement with them and I think once that contract was up they/we did not sign a newer contract.

Actually, Eagleman’s memory bank is correct.  It was December 2011 at UALR. and DBH hit a 3/4 court length shot at the buzzer for the win.  What many people forget is that ORU trailed by two with 3.6 seconds left, and the Trojans had possession.  UALR committed a turnover, and sent Warren Niles to the line, who tied the game with two FTs.  They then threw the ball away on the inbounds, giving ORU and DBH the opportunity for an “expect a miracle” moment. 

Damon also was involved in another last second shot if memory serves me correctly. The one I’m thinking of was at the Mabee Center and involved him catching a full court pass and putting the ball into the basket as time expired. 

5 hours ago, Old Titan said:

That’s a good find OT. Thanks for sharing. 

Terry that game was against Missouri at ORU.  I think it was either Kevin Ford or DBH.  Will have to check.

47 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

Terry that game was against Missouri at ORU.  I think it was either Kevin Ford or DBH.  Will have to check.

That was Michael Craion who beat Missouri; overshot a point-blank attempt under the basket that managed to go WAY up-and-in for the win just before the buzzer:

That was an amazing pass and shot and thanks OT for the info.  A true “Expect a Miracle” moment.

Also, he hit the big shot on a full court pass to tie the game against UMKC (1-2011) and ORU would go on to win in overtime.  The video is on YouTube but they would not let me download it unless I signed up for a monthly deal. Maybe someone else can.