So. Dakota St. at ORU

theeagleman5

A student attendance record?....for what? the past decade or two?....back in the day we always packed four  Gold sections and sometimes spilled over into the blue seats.....TheEagleman is just sayin'.......😎

• Upvote 1

A huge student turnout would be EXTREMELY helpful to the cause......If ORU loses this one we are doomed to have to play 3 days in a row the following week.....Image result for kramer photos

36 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

A student attendance record?....for what? the past decade or two?....back in the day we always packed four  Gold sections and sometimes spilled over into the blue seats.....TheEagleman is just sayin'.......😎

Good point @theeagleman5! But 1,000 would be huge from the low of just a few seasons ago.

Me and @ORob1 are 3 hours in the 10 hour drive, and we’re starting to get nervous about the SDSU game tomorrow night.  Anyone heard anything about the Jacks making it in town yet?😬

• Upvote 2

I think they should empty out the seats behind the SDSU bench (give season ticket holders a different seat) and fill it with students. I know, it's probably not possible, but it would be great to see. 

5 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

And I'm just sayin' (and not for the first time) that scores of students fill empty seats all around the lower bowl every game, rather than sit in the "student sections".

I am surrounded by these kids every game, and more times than not I have to ask them to exit my seats when I arrive right at tip-off.

These are all seats that WAAAAYYY back in your day were filled with season ticket holders and were unavailable, but now would remain empty otherwise.

Can you really blame the students for filling in courtside seats 5-to-10 rows up, instead of end zone seats twice as high??

27 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Can you really blame the students for filling in courtside seats 5-to-10 rows up, instead of end zone seats twice as high??

It seems like it would be a lot more fun to sit in the student section.

1 hour ago, MrsSmith said:

It seems like it would be a lot more fun to sit in the student section.

The students that sit in my section are not the rah-rah, on-your-feet types.  They cheer, but otherwise they're pretty laid back.  Different strokes...

Game day!

Why can't ORU ever have a big home game that's not affected by bad weather??

Jacks still favored by three, with an eye-popping 167 total as of this morning.  Hard game to handicap; a lot of moving parts as previously mentioned.

Would love to think the good guys will rally for this one, but simply not playing their best ball of late, and potentially disjointed by working on new stuff for Sioux Falls, it's just hard to predict.

For most folks, that is.  I (big surprise) am going with the Jacks and giving the 3 points, but I think I'll go with the under on the total.  Might be a little more defense played tonight than Vegas expects.  #TrustTheProcess

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Wow. That was a generous article. Is he begging for attendance on our behalf?

Truth be told, the conclusion of the column is a not-so-subtle jab at TU's current basketball dumpster fire.

Haisten has been hyper-critical of the Hurlicane program all season; he's lobbying for Frank Haith to get fired.

Great article and hopefully a big crowd tonight at Mabee despite the bad weather although it appears the worst of it may have passed Tulsa....glad to hear students are coming in droves....TheEagleman always preferred to sit with my fellow students but understand if some want better seats and don't want to sit with the basketball crazies....do we still have the Mabee Maniacs or are those students just the Blue Crew now?....😜