ORU at North Dakota

ORUTerry

ORU travels 80 miles to Grand Forks to play UND on Saturday afternoon. The Fighting Hawks lost to UMKC by 15 Thursday night and will be ready to battle ORU. The game starts at 2:00pm so the teams don't have a lot of turnaround time. ORU beat UND by only 4 at the Mabee Center on January 20th and had their hands full. The team needs to gather itself after the fracas last night and find a way to play smarter/better. Opponents have figured us out: double team Max and make the other players beat you; expose our diminutive guards down low on defense. We need to find our shooting touch and defensive intensity or we will have trouble winning for the remainder of the season.

Here is a link to the UND basketball season stats.

6 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

ORU travels 80 miles to Grand Forks to play UND on Saturday afternoon. The Fighting Hawks lost to UMKC by 15 Thursday night and will be ready to battle ORU. The game starts at 2:00pm so the teams don't have a lot of turnaround time. ORU beat UND by only 4 at the Mabee Center on January 20th and had their hands full. The team needs to gather itself after the fracas last night and find a way to play smarter/better. Opponents have figured us out: double team Max and make the other players beat you; expose our diminutive guards down low on defense. We need to find our shooting touch and defensive intensity or we will have trouble winning for the remainder of the season.

Here is a link to the UND basketball season stats.

I think that's 1:00pm Central time tip-off; 2:00pm Eastern...

UND's season is basically on the line tomorrow, as they trail Omaha by two games for the 8th seed.  ORU has yet to lose two games in a row, so I would expect them to bounce back and win 81-74.

42 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

UND's season is basically on the line tomorrow, as they trail Omaha by two games for the 8th seed. 

The field for Sioux Falls is set after last night:  UND and St. Thomas on the outside, looking in.

UND is  eliminated even if they win out Saturday and next week vs. NDSU:  Denver and Omaha both hold tiebreakers over the Fightin' Hawks.

ORU needs to show up in Grand Forks tomorrow afternoon and display some stones.....a big win is sorely needed or TheEagleman will be GRIEVED.....😎

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

.....a big win is sorely needed or TheEagleman will be GRIEVED.....😎

LOLOL - a loss would require an emergency "Festivus" dinner and "Airing of GRIEVE-ances".  #MoreSeinfeld

Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

4 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU needs to show up in Grand Forks tomorrow afternoon and display some stones.....a big win is sorely needed or TheEagleman will be GRIEVED.....😎

And Otis will add this to his serious injury list.

Serious Injury List – Cupcakes & Cat Hair

• Haha 1

With Lufile out for the first half, it is a chance for SLIM (Herron) to step up and show his potential.  The other guys (Kareem, Carlos, DJ, and Lacis) have the experience and should play better then they did Thursday night.  Should be a good bounce back game for the Eagles.  North Dakota only has four wins agaisnt D1 teams this year.  They have played teams close but have not been able to win many of those games. 

The Hawks do not have a lot of size or shot blockers so expect to see the Eagles attacking the paint/rim with drives.  Then that can open up the three point shooting as the game goes on.  This game will show what ORU is made of.  Need to see ORU come out with some fire in their belly!

ORU is a massive -11 road favorite at UND...O/U is 156.5....a tough game to make a wager...😬

I keep thinking that this ORU team is full of good 3-point shooters so certainly we will bounce back with a strong 3-point shooting performance, but we have really been in a slump for several games.

It is time to reverse that trend before the Summit League tournament!

19 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

I keep thinking that this ORU team is full of good 3-point shooters so certainly we will bounce back with a strong 3-point shooting performance, but we have really been in a slump for several games.

It is time to reverse that trend before the Summit League tournament!

It's easy to be a good 3 point shooting team early in the year, the games are run and gun the teams haven't scouted you like your conference opponents will and you play several home games against inferior talent. Now we are in the 2nd half of the conf. schedule and teams have scouted you, see what works against us and are slowing it down, going inside out, throwing everything at Max and we are still "hoping we shoot well tonight". We should have balanced out our offense so we could still score and win even when we aren't shooting our 3's well!! We tried it briefly a few times and in my opinion had good success- Lufile is the best example- but we always revert back to playing a three small guard lineup and just jacking up 3's and hoping they drop. 

At this point in the season it doesn't appear we are going to change. I don't think this style of play is going to get us where we want to go, but we'll see, hopefully we'll be hitting our 3's in the conference tourney and make the dance again. Go Eagles!!

• Upvote 1

Looks like we can watch the game today on UND's website for $3 for a 24-hour pass.  Well, there goes the savings and kids' college fund! Cracking Up Reaction GIF

TheEagleman is hoping our Guys come out today and blow the doors off this terrible bunch of non Fighting Hawks... but alas...my expectations are low based on recent history...I can see what we are....and it's not a pretty picture...oh, I think we will win but it won't be a Mona Lisa...it more likely will cause more moaning from TheEagleman and Otis....maybe ORU wins by 20+ but my final prediction is Golden Eagles 88 UND 82....🍺

The ORU starters other than Max only scored SEVEN POINTS in Fargo Thursday night.

They need to EACH score at least seven points today.

Period.

Hawks with the easy cover in an inexplicable but understandable nail-biter. #TrustTheProcess

I predict ORU will be focused and ready to play! The wake up call we needed has been sounded! ORU 92 UND 75

Dream On, 88....hey...that would be a great title for a song....😎

Side note: ORU is 0-2 all time at North Dakota, after not playing in Grand Forks last year.  Time to get that first W!