Some nice publicity about the team

jmg1984

Odd that he refers to ORU as "the other Cinderella" possibility from the Summit; I think he intended for SDSU to be mentioned first in his little multi-window, click-bait festival, and he got them out of order. 

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Odd that he refers to ORU as "the other Cinderella" possibility from the Summit; I think he intended for SDSU to be mentioned first in his little multi-window, click-bait festival, and he got them out of order. 

Yeah I was surprised to see ORU listed first. And Max listed as a Sr and the should have mentioned Lufile. Glad I didn't go any further on the click bait!

• 4 weeks later...

In a similar bit of nice publicity, Deadspin did a slideshow article on the best team at each seed in the NCAA tournament since 1985, when it expanded to 64 teams. Last year's ORU squad was named the best #15 seed ever. It was a pretty easy choice, since they were only the second #15 to make the Sweet Sixteen, and they beat out 2013 Florida Gulf Coast "due to the quality of the Golden Eagles’ play in Indianapolis."

It has a nice picture too. https://deadspin.com/the-best-ncaa-march-madness-teams-by-seed-1848598669/slides/3

• Like 1