ORU at UMKC

ORUTerry

In addition to the Tulsa bus group, the alumni association made available 50 tickets to alum in the area, and I understand that all of those tickets were spoken for.  So given the venue, (rollout bleachers in the Rec Center),  and the weather here - it is snowing, I think that UMKC's home court will be somewhat neutralized.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Bussing to Lawrence, KS for the big win over #3 Kansas in “The Phog” ranks right up there on the ol’ bucket list.  

That was a huge win, I remember it at the time because winning at KU in Phog Allen Fieldhouse is memorable!!  It reminded at the time and this post by OT reminded me of a game that has stuck out in my memory for a long time now.  

Everyone remembers big wins, but its the tough losses that stay with just as vividly- sometimes even more. My Jr. year we had a very good team and would go on to win 21 games and play in the NCAA tourney, but early in the season we made that trip to play the Jay Hawks and we were feeling really good about ourselves as a team. We were on a 3 game winning streak, we just beat Okla State at home by a point, then beat Texas A &M at the Mabee and then went to Austin and kicked the Texas Longhorns butts!!    

Kansas was coached by Larry Brown and a very good team, and playing at "the Phog" is what young hoopsters dreams of, it's one of college basketball's most storied arena's, it's History! We were chomping at the bit, to get up there and beat KU. We played really well and the game came down to the last play, we called time out(it was one of those games where walking over to the bench for the TO you're thinking we got this!)- had the ball and were down one and had the last shot to win. Long story short, we missed the last shot(one of my teammates had a great look- it just didn't drop) and lost by 1... one stinking point!!! There is nothing worse then a 1 point loss!!

My apologies for going way off topic, but certain games just stay with you and KU at "the Phog" is definitely one of mine .

Hope we play well on the road today and get the W, Go Eagles!!

• Like 3

Great story....too bad Coach Self and KU dont have the stones to play us anymore... Glad to see Carlos is playing tonight...that should just about lock up my prediction....😀

Tonight's game is streaming live on the KC website for free and so is the Omaha one in a couple of weeks.  I think the rest of the road games we have to pay for.  Go Eagles!

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Tonight's game is streaming live on the KC website for free and so is the Omaha one in a couple of weeks.  I think the rest of the road games we have to pay for.  Go Eagles!

My ESPN+ subscription has been a real waste this year. 

Enjoy the game....ORU and Over.... Good Guys 77 Roos 70...Go Blue!! 😎

Good first half, ORU up four on KC.  The Roos play some swarming defense and they are determined to make someone else beat them instead of Max.  Kareem having a good game, Eagleman you called it.

ORU up 36-32 at half...only 6 for Max but Thompson has 12...🏀

Fairly easy road win for the Good Guys...5 players in double figures led by Max with 26....Roos made that one run to take a 1 pt lead with 10 min left and then Max took over....... UMKC won't be in 2nd place.....not this week...:shield-logo:

It is raining three's tonight, the Eagles 17-34.  If they shoot like that not many teams will beat them.  ORU wins the rebound battle by 11, Lufile was tough on the glass.  KC still does not have their all-star Josh Allick or it may have been a tougher night for the Eagles.  Great way to finish 4-1 on the early season road trip.  Now a chance to go home for 5 out of the next 7 conference games.

9 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Fairly easy road win for the Good Guys...5 players in double figures led by Max with 26....Roos made that one run to take a 1 pt lead with 10 min left and then Max took over....... UMKC won't be in 2nd place.....not this week...😎

Nothing easy about that one. UMKC reminds one of that bunch of old dudes at the “Y” who hold the court game after game cause they’re tough and wily. 

Nice job on inspiring Kareem tonight, eagleman.  He stuffed the stat sheet:  15 points, 3-of-7 on threes, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 blocks and a steal, with only one turnover. 

TheEagleman is going to take them one at a time....but ORU will be favored to run the table for January....this team is really playing well....:circle-logoi:

Yes that was NOT an easy win.  They had to earn every bucket.  They adjusted to how the refs were calling the game and drew some fouls on drives to the basket.  The free throw shooting supplemented the 3 point barrage.  UMKC could be a tough matchup in the tournament for sure.

Very true...all road victories in the Summit are well earned...it should be a nice fun bus ride home to Tulsa from KC tonight....God Bless ORU!! 👍:shield-logo:

It was an interesting matchup of Max vs Gilyard tonight.  They are both about the same size and quick as lightening.  Max is the better shooter, but Gilyard is most likely the second-best point guard in the Summit League.  Fun to watch them go toe to toe tonight!

Kudos to the ORU fans that made the trip! On the broadcast, Adam said it was 50/50 split between Kangaroo and Golden Eagle fans. I wanted to make it, but have been recovering from the variant. That kind of fan travel and support is huge. The Roo forum commented on how it was nice to have a team in the league with fans who travel. I like what I'm seeing Golden Eagle fans. Let's keep it up!