ORU at Western Illinois

ORUTerry

On 1/9/2022 at 10:35 AM, Keenan Henderson said:

Does Lufile remind anyone of a Zion Williamson Jr.? Not saying he is an NBA all-star, but both are built like a rock and have surprisingly athletic ability (leaping ability).  Just a thought.

Yea... I don't think Zion is built like a rock anymore. More like an oversized boulder right now. You know you are out of shape when your team sends you out of state to do your rehab due to you not being able to stop from eating everything in sight. 🙂 He has to weigh at least 310 right now. Not helping with all those foot injuries of his. 

Some eye-opening details from Coach Mills tonight on his radio show re: ORU ‘s travel from The Twin Cities to Macomb:  they flew Friday morning to Chicago; then bussed 2 hours to Peoria, IL; which still left them a 1-1/2 hour drive to Macomb on game day. 

Brutal…

Amazing....and yet the Good Guys still won a tough gritty road game......this team deserves a ton of credit for that.......ORU Road Warriors!!....:shield-logo:

14 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Some eye-opening details from Coach Mills tonight on his radio show re: ORU ‘s travel from The Twin Cities to Macomb:  they flew Friday morning to Chicago; then busses 2 hours to Peoria, IL; which still left them a 1-1/2 hour drive to Macomb on game day. 

Brutal…

Are they not putting the radio show up on the app anymore? Went to listen to it this morning and it looks like the last one up is from December 14. I guess maybe that was the last show due to the holidays? Anyone know?

Here is what i think is happening. Coach Mills is recruiting guys that think they can win every game, even on the road. Although no team will win all of their games it all starts with belief. In the past we seemed to have athletes that bought into the narrative that it is nearly impossible to win road games. Good teams figure out how to win some tough road games. This takes focus and maturity which this team seems to have. If you listen to the Cameron Amboree interview it is obvious he is coming into ORU next season with the mindset to win championships! Although Expect A Miracle is a cool slogan isn't  Expecting To Win even better?!

• Upvote 1

EXPECT TO WIN......I like it....:circle-logoi:

1 hour ago, EagleManiac said:

Are they not putting the radio show up on the app anymore? Went to listen to it this morning and it looks like the last one up is from December 14. I guess maybe that was the last show due to the holidays? Anyone know?

I just listened to last night’s radio interview show…

1 hour ago, EagleManiac said:

I always listen to it on the ORU Sports Network

3 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I always listen to it on the ORU Sports Network

Thanks. Maybe they just aren't putting it on whatever platform they use for the app. 

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

I did not hear the entire show last night - was any mention made of Carlos' status?

He said that the break this week came at a convenient time to get guys rest and "to deal with COVID issues". Maybe Carlos, though I'm not sure how he could've caught it between St. Thomas and WIU without giving it to anyone else on the team. Or even if the team would be allowed to play due to whatever "protocols" they have in place.