Omaha is next

Keenan Henderson

Hey everybody, Omaha is in town!  Have not seen them in Tulsa since February 2020.  Anyway, they are really struggling at 2-11 and their only D1 win was against Western Illinois about nine days ago.  The Mavs do not have any all-star type guys that should worry the Golden Eagles.  Should be another double-digit win, ORU 85-70.

31 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

Wow, how about an opening line of ORU -18? And a 97% chance to win, per ESPN's BPI. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game/_/gameId/401365650

Not too surprising, Omaha is 2-11 and probaly the worst team in the Summit League.  They are 7-31 in the last year and a half.  I would expect there coach to be fired at the end of the season and Omaha to begin rebuilding, unless they really turn things around in 2022.

ORU 92  Omaha 67     Happy New Year!!!  :circle-logoi:

71-30 at the under 16 time out. I’m not counting my chickens but I like our chances  

Guess 18 points wasn't enough...😎

Good to see Max recover from that early fall and then he went to the locker room.  Maybe he twisted his ankle but came back and played well.  Eagles just dominated the game in almost every area: rebounds, three-point shooting, and paint scoring.  Nice night for some of the young guys in Clover and Herron.  

Besides the opening night against CSU, ORU's defense has been pretty good this season.  Hopefully that will continue as ORU goes back on the road for a three-game trip.

45 point win has to be one of the largest margins in Summit League history...And looks like we emptied the bench in the final 10 minutes so it could have been worse....bring on the Tommies next week in Minn...Go Blue!!! 👍

That was a tough game to watch. Poor opponent and poor officiating. Omaha is not a division 1 team - felt bad for those guys out there. Just totally over matched. 

- What happened with DJ? I saw coach yell at him but didn't see what he did to get benched like that? 
- The bald white guy is maybe the worst official I have seen in years. He just about ruined any enjoyment the crowd might've gotten from the game. 

- It's a small sample size as he's only played a few garbage minutes this year, but I REALLY like Luka. I think he could be something. I understand why he's not playing right now, but I love his vision and the way he plays. He's far more athletic than I expect when I see him run out there. Hopefully he doesn't transfer. 

- I about lost my dinner when Max went down. Glad he was alright, but a tweaked ankle like that can nag you for the rest of the season if you're not careful. Hopefully he's not affected by it going forward. 

Francis came out and hit some big threes to get ORU rolling.  He had 14 points in 15 minutes, just call him Larry Bird Jr!  Lacis really struggled shooting last year but he seems to have gotten his confidence back this year.  DJ picked up two early fouls in maybe 90 seconds and then after that ORU never really needed him.   

Omaha did beat a solid WIU team at home and lead by as many as 13 in that game.  I would expect the Mavs to give ORU a much tougher game when they play in Omaha.  

So DJ is in the dog house??? We need his talents to be successful in 2022...of course Coach did the same thing with Thompson couple weeks ago and it seems to have lit the fire under him.... 🙄

I don’t think DJ is in the doghouse.  He picked up 2 early fouls and sat on the bench.  Then he wasn’t needed much in the 2nd half as it was a 30+ point lead.  

I liked seeing Lufile getting so much playing time.  He rebounded well and scored on several putbacks including 1-2 dunks.  I would love to see Lufile get 25 minutes a game in the Summit League contests.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ORUJason said:

I don’t think DJ is in the doghouse.  He picked up 2 early fouls and sat on the bench.  Then he wasn’t needed much in the 2nd half as it was a 30+ point lead.  

There aren't many instances where a starter doesn't start the second half unless he's in trouble for something. Didn't this happen somewhat recently with him too?

I'll add my agreement to the comments on Eli. He's a beast down there on the block.