Conference games

Keenan Henderson

Even last year the Eagles had to win the last two games of the tournament and first two games of the NCAA tournament on nail-bitters.  It is usually just two or three points that seperates the champ from the challengers.

A game to keep an eye on later today is SDSU at Western Illinois around 2 pm Central time.  If they can play some defense, WIU has the talent to beat the Jackrabbits.  Should be an interesting game. 

SDSU is the real deal...Jacks stomping on WIU today....🏀

That post did not age well. SDSU shoots over 60 percent from the field and wins by 18.  Not sure how ORU or anyone in the league is going to slow the Jackrabbits down, they just have so many weapons.

On 1/22/2022 at 3:50 PM, Keenan Henderson said:

That post did not age well. SDSU shoots over 60 percent from the field and wins by 18.  Not sure how ORU or anyone in the league is going to slow the Jackrabbits down, they just have so many weapons.

For some weird reason, ORU has given SDSU problems these past two seasons.  All about match-ups...

The Jacks edge out the Bison in Sioux Falls by 4.....WIU crushes St. Thomas and USD whips UND.....ORU the only road winner so far today with UMKC still to play at Omaha.....Golden Eagles have a firm hold on 2nd place in the Summit League... :circle-logoi:

Watched the entire SDSU-NDSU game; my head said we needed an SDSU win to keep NDSU firmly in ORU’s rear view mirror, but my heart was pulling for the Bison. I just really like their coach and the way they play. 

Don’t get me wrong, Douglas Wilson and Zeke Mayo of SDSU are two of my favorite Summit League players, but Baylor Schierman is kind of a tool with all his dirty tricks and whining to the refs, and I get really tired of their coach Henderson thinking he’s the smartest guy in the room. 

Couple of really good teams; ORU will need to be playing at their best if they face either or both in Sioux Falls  

• Like 1

Omaha beats UMKC on a last second shot 69-68....ORU's now has a two game cushion in the loss column for its hold on 2nd place....👍

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Watched the entire SDSU-NDSU game; my head said we needed an SDSU win to keep NDSU firmly in ORU’s rear view mirror, but my heart was pulling for the Bison. I just really like their coach and the way they play. 

Don’t get me wrong, Douglas Wilson and Zeke Mayo of SDSU are two of my favorite Summit League players, but Baylor Schierman is kind of a tool with all his dirty tricks and whining to the refs, and I get really tired of their coach Henderson thinking he’s the smartest guy in the room. 

Couple of really good teams; ORU will need to be playing at their best if they face either or both in Sioux Falls  

Yeah the broadcast was wired with commercials covering ip the game but it was a closely contested game

36 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Omaha beats UMKC on a last second shot 69-68....ORU's now has a two game cushion in the loss column for its hold on 2nd place....👍

With this upset win, Omaha is in position to slip past Denver for the #7 seed.  The Mavs are currently a game behind the Pioneers, and play essentially the same schedule for the remainder of the season (as they are travel partners).  But, Denver still has to play at Omaha, so the Mavs could force a tie by winning on their home court.  Right now, Omaha likely holds the tie-breaker due to their home win over WIU.  As ORU is currently holding firm to the #2 seed, the battle for 7/8 has some interest for Golden Eagle fans.  Personally, I think ORU matches up much better against Omaha than Denver, although ORU swept both this season.

There has been a lot of up and down play from the middle of the pack Summit League teams.  Tonight, KC leads Western by 17 at half and wins on the road against the Leathernecks.  WIU had blown out St. Thomas in their last game but seemed out of it tonight.  KC had lost to Omaha on a buzzer beater Saturday and came out on fire tonight.  

Will be interesting to see where WIU is on Thursday after tonight's performance.  They have played a lot better in conference play on the road then at home.

4 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

NDSU beat USD the same way they beat us with 3 seconds to go.  USD had been up 17 points and then lost.  😞

10 points in like 50 sec just wow!

NDSU at Western Illinois tonight.....Bison vs. Leathernecks should be an interesting contest.....is it too much to ask that  the home team help ORU out a little???...:wiu::NDSU:

Oh....WIU is a 1.5 point favorite.....TheEagleman kind of likes the Leathernecks on the home court....:wiu:

Grant Nelson is back from an early-season injury for the Bison; he’s a creative force in and out of the paint. 

NDSU is doing their usual late-season surge; the ‘Necks (and the rest of the league) have their work cut out.