ORU vs Missouri State

vcboy2000

Anyone making the 2.5 hour drive from Tulsa to Springfield on Saturday?

Can't do this one; my next roadie is UMKC in January to see my daughter and son-in-law.

South Dakota State follows ORU into Springfield on 12/15.  No matter what happens, there will no doubt be an over-reaction amongst some Summit League followers re: comparative scores after these two games are played.

Don't think i can make it but one of my sources told me that ORU and MO State play a similar style, lots of threes and MO State is a good shooting team. Hopefully we are on fire and can out shoot them and play good defense.

Missouri State battled Top 15 BYU fairly hard over the weekend in Springfield.....only lost by 6......😎

In MO States 4 losses the  margin is 6 points or less. They are definitely a tough team and we will have to play our A game to win!

6 hours ago, vcboy2000 said:

Anyone making the 2.5 hour drive from Tulsa to Springfield on Saturday?

Game is on ESPN3 which apparently is not a Cox channel. Not sure if streaming is a possibility. Anyone already figured out how to do it able to share some tips?

1 hour ago, ttowncount said:

Game is on ESPN3 which apparently is not a Cox channel. Not sure if streaming is a possibility. Anyone already figured out how to do it able to share some tips?

I THINK this is the deal:  "ESPN3" broadcasts are streamed for free on the ESPN website, but to stream them you must verify on the website that you receive ESPN programming via your cable or satellite provider.

This is different from "ESPN+", which is a paid subscription service that streams on all manner of devices, broadcasting games that aren't otherwise available on ESPN channels or ESPN3.

In other words:  if you're one of those cord-cuttin' millennials and all you have is an ESPN+ subscription, you MAY be out of luck.

Here's a link to ESPN's explanation of "How to Watch an ESPN3 Event":  https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003814592-How-can-I-watch-an-ESPN3-event-

8 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I THINK this is the deal:  "ESPN3" broadcasts are streamed for free on the ESPN website, but to stream them you must verify on the website that you receive ESPN programming via your cable or satellite provider.

This is different from "ESPN+", which is a paid subscription service that streams on all manner of devices, broadcasting games that aren't otherwise available on ESPN channels or ESPN3.

In other words:  if you're one of those cord-cuttin' millennials and all you have is an ESPN+ subscription, you MAY be out of luck.

Can someone confirm/debunk this?

I believe ESPN3 access is determined by ISP. COX Internet is a provider.

From the Wikipedia article:

ESPN3 is only available to Internet providers who pay fees to ESPN. ESPN3 is not carried by traditional cable and satellite providers, as it is not a single channel, but streams multiple live events at the same time; however, ESPN includes a listing for a linear "ESPN3" channel (which only includes one event at a time) in the television listings on its website.

Which means you must have Cox, or AT&T U-Verse (another ESPN provider), etc. in order to stream this game from the ESPN website.

Right?

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Which means you must have Cox, or AT&T U-Verse (another ESPN provider), etc. in order to stream this game from the ESPN website.

Right?

Yes

1 minute ago, ORUalum said:

sounds tougher to get than the Ocho

White Goodman Reaction GIF

6 hours ago, eagle88 said:

Any thoughts on what our game plan will/should be against the Bears this Saturday?

To win on the road it usually takes a good defensive plan.  ORU thrives when it can force turnovers and get out on the break but then most teams do!  The Bears have a big forward 6'9 235 Prim, that leads them in scoring, rebounding, and assists.  Sounds like Lufile will be needed to slow him down.

Good analysis. We will have to play good defense, hit our shots and definitely slow down their big guy. It will take Eli playing some big minutes as Weaver may be out muscled by Prim. We really need to get some offensive rebounds to get 2nd chance points. Maybe Sir Isaac will play some big minutes.

2 hours ago, eagle88 said:

It will take Eli playing some big minutes as Weaver may be out muscled by Prim.

Lufile was probably the primary defensive reason ORU won the 12-21-19 game against the Bears. Prim was backing down everyone until Eli came in.

Missouri State won last night against Little Rock by 26.  They hit 16 threes at a 50% rate.  When the Bears are hitting threes, much like ORU, they are a good team.  Hopefully they will cool down on Saturday.

Gonna be a VERY tough game for the Good Guys to win.....hopefully we shoot well and make it a competitive contest....somebody (McBride? Weaver? Jurgens?) besides Max will have to get hot....and Coach Mills needs to play Lufile/Herron for some inside presence on D and scoring.....This is a game that we can win but not really feeling that we will......Bears very good at home and it's a loud/intimidating bunch of fans......MSU  82  ORU 78......🙄