Local Pastor get pounded!

vcboy2000

Read in the Tulsa World today that the Rev. Billy Joe Daugherty got punched in the face twice on last sunday after the service. The article said that the assailant motioned for Billy Joe to come over to him during the alter call. Billy Joe said that he walked toward the guy and the next thing he knew the guy punched him in the right cheek, knocking him back 5 or 6 feet. He then turned to look at the man, and saw the other punch coming. Billy Joe told the paper, "He got a straight shot. He popped me good". The paper said that he didn't realize that his face was bloody, and got up on the platform to invite the visitors to return next week, assuring them that not everone at the church acted liked that man. Billy Joe said that he wouldn't press charges.

Hadn't heard about that this. No matter if you agree with his theology or not you gotta admire Rev. Daugherty for having the restraint not to fight back or even press charges. Takes a REAL class act to do that.

I had a friend that said all of the security at Guts Church would love for that to happen there. They would have a field day on the guy. I thought it was funny!