ORU at Houston Baptist

theeagleman5

This is a game ORU should and NEEDS to win.....HBU is 2-4 with wins over SW Adventist and Barclay (???)....😬.....they couldn't even beat Denver and the Pioneers are not very good....expecting Good Guys to be favored by close to double digits.....TheEagleman still can't trust our guys on the road so if i do play the game it will be small.....time for the Golden Eagles to step up and for Coach Mills to play some of our BIG GUYS inside......GO BLUE!!!:tb-white:

Too early in the season to call it a must win but ORU needs at least one road win heading into conference play.  They need get off to a better start because if the Eagles fall behind by double digits early then it could be another long night.  Hopefully the Houston area guys (Weaver, Clover, and Herron) are fired up to play!

I really hope Herron gets substantial minutes; if not the start, as Houston is his hometown. 

I'm sure he wants to be playing more and have no doubt the coaches are communicating what a critical and valuable part of the program he is going to be; but unfortunately, often times, young players aren't over stocked with patience!

He is an outstanding young talent that is a crucial building block of our programs future!!     

This is a must win game as HBU is not a good team. We need to come out early and get a big lead and keep the pedal to the metal. Hope we see Eli and Sir Isaac get some good minutes. We are going to need these guys down the stretch and best to give them experience now.

You Guys are all correct....play Herron and Lufile please.....ORU needs to pound it inside early which opens up the outside shots later....This should be a double digit ORU victory....if not...well, something is seriously wrong....we surely could have beaten a decent TCU team last night.....:tb-blue:

ORU opens at -12 and O/U of 148.5.  Until ORU proves it can win on the road, that’s a very enticing spread.  

Houston Baptist has played some interesting games.  They lead OU at the half by five before losing by 17.  Then they lead Denver by one at halftime before losing by 13.  Seems like they are a good first half team but then struggle to finish the game.  ORU has been the opposite on the road: struggle in the first half and then fight back in the second half.  Have a feeling it is going to be another close game.

The coaches realize this is an issue and you have to think they are emphasizing that point to the team. Especially after the turnover debacle last game in the first half. Also with this being Coach Mill's and several other players' home town, we should see much higher level of energy. I predict a 20 point win. 

• Upvote 1

Houston Baptist is 2-4 on the season with their only two wins against non-D1 opponents. They are scoring 68.3 points per game and shooting 41.9% (34.6% from 3pt; 21.7 attempts per game) with an +8.2 rebound margin along with 13.8 assists and 17.7 turnovers per game. 

TheEagleman just cant lay that many points based on ORU's road efforts this season... HBU is not a good team but neither was Central Arkansas....i think this should be a win by the Good Guys but not by 15. ORU 85 ....Houston Baptist 77...Go Blue!! :tb-blue:

38 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman just cant lay that many points based on ORU's road efforts this season... HBU is not a good team but neither was Central Arkansas....i think this should be a win by the Good Guys but not by 15. ORU 85 ....Houston Baptist 77...Go Blue!! :tb-blue:

Eagleman didn’t we cover at TCU?

ORU +9.5 did cover vs. TCU....you think we are winning tonight by at least 15? Possible I guess...but  TheEagleman just can't give that many points on the road....😬.... I am sitting this one out..still enjoying my winnings from the TU game which will give my grandkids a nice Christmas....👍

Probably not going to cover tonight but I won’t be shocked if we do. I expect the entire congregation from Coach Mills’ church to be there. 

Lol....HBU scored the first 8 points...but ORU pulling away in the 2nd half...Lufile having a good game along with Max and Weaver...we just might cover that 14.5...😯

This is the game and lineup many of us on the message board have been waiting for. Elijah Lufile has 13 points and 11 rebounds while Weaver has 12 points and 1 rebound.  Finally some muscle on the interior! Both players are really good. Hopefully the coaching staff continues to play both guys. Herron also played and is capable of giving us some good minutes.  Tonight we did what we were supposed to, handily beat a mediocre team. Way to go Eagles! I listened to the game and the Golden Eagles crowd was loud!

• Upvote 1