Kevin Obanor

Old Titan

Long way to go but down the road could we see a possible ORU-Texas Tech matchup in the NCAA tournament?   Maybe a 3-14 pairing.  Would be a tasty matchup!

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Long way to go but down the road could we see a possible ORU -Texas Tech matchup in the NCAA tournament? 

First things first^^^^  #fixed

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 1:37 PM, Old Titan said:

First things first^^^^  #fixed

The road feels longer today. 

• Upvote 1

Obanor 2 huge late FTs...Red Raiders beat Texas...👍

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ttowncount said:

Great article about Obanor as TTech prepares for the Big XII and NCAA tournaments. 

https://texastech.exposure.co/kevinobanor?fbclid=IwAR1pmqO0J7yDiNyBNWGbmOHcr_Iz7_ut12t0IMv528-WEvH3qldOt36-kho

The article about his basketball life mentions Oral Roberts and ORU more than Texas Tech...but the pictures are Texas Tech...

Obanor-ORU.jpg

Edited by Cletus
add picture
  • Like 2

I wish I could be as gracious, mature and excited about this article as some of you guys…I just can’t help but think, if KO sticks around we might still be playing. Certainly we would have been much better and wouldn’t have been a 3 seed in the tourney, but we’ll never know!  
Sorry-I'm STILL not over it.  I'm not even pulling for Tech to win.  I think I want Kevin's best games and memories to be in an ORU uniform and for him and others to realize maybe transferring from ORU to a bigger program isn't the answer.  Perhaps I'm being TOO honest but I'm in this for ORU basketball and nothing else!  🤷‍♂️ Sue me!  😂   ❤️🦅🏀💪

Rob

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I appreciate your passion for ORU sports, Orob. Your faithfulness to ORU athletics through the years is truly remarkable.

Sorry I missed seeing you when you were in town recently!  Maybe next time!!

Kevin certainly added a dimension to the team that seemed to be lacking this year - although it didn't all gel really until post-season.

• Like 1

Outstanding pics, incredible memories!!

I've been incognito for a while, but I've been enjoying being back on the board. We'll make plans for next year!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Texas Tech beat Oklahoma 56-55 and ESPN2 named Kevin Obanor Player of the Game.

• Upvote 1

This is where K.O. came up big last year: March Madness. Good for him

KO played really well last night. He is a very hard worker.  Looking back on last year both KO and Max had incredible work ethics. I think their mindset rubbed off on the other guys. When KO left we had 50% of that synergy and no one stepped up and filled KO's void.  I will be rooting KO on big time in the tournament!

KO with a double double today to help lead Texas Tech to an easy 35 point win in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Red Raiders looking to make a big run this year.

• Like 1

God Bless KO....what a great guy!!...TheEagleman is a Red Raider Fan for the next 2 weeks....Beat Duke!!!....:circle-logoi:See the source image

• Like 1