ORU vs TCU

eagle88

We stink tonight...TheEagleman glad my bet was small...can't trust ORU on the road...😬

Incredibly disjointed offensively. Got completely bullied on the boards. Tough to watch. 

Max is a turnover machine tonight, got 5 already. Don't ever see this from him - thought he would be stoked to play in his hometown. 

Just now, EagleManiac said:

Max is a turnover machine tonight. Got 5 already. Don't ever see this from him - thought he would be stoked to play in his hometown. 

Well technically his home town is about 50 miles from here. fwiw

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ting said:

Max possibly has more turnovers tonight than the whole ncaa tournament. 

He had 5 vs Florida and 5 vs Arkansas. Surprised it was that many honestly. 

Good Guys rallied from 17 down in the first half to take a 52-51 lead with 10 minutes left...then just didnt seize the moment and scored just 11 points the rest of the way... ORU needs a road win at Houston Baptist. 😐

1 hour ago, EagleManiac said:

Y'all are loud! Keep it up. Can hear you loud and clear on the broadcast. 

Yes!  Was very impressed to hear the ORU chant on the ESPN+ broadcast.  Well done, everyone!!!

We brought the energy. 30+ Alumni and Students were louder than TCU fans at various points in the game. Didn't get the W, but it will come.

Looked like Lacis had a good game: 14 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists.  He continues to improve in his shooting from the beginning of the year.  Hard to get down 30-13 and then try and come back to win on the road.  Similar to the UCA game when they got down 20 but came back to tie the game.  Need better starts to games on the road.

Had a good time sitting with 20+ boisterous ORU grads including other “old Titans” Mark Stearns and baseball great Gary D’Onofrio. 

I asked my son afterward, in his objective no-dog-in-the-hunt view, “which team did you think was more talented?”, and he quickly replied, “Oh, TCU did, Dad.  By a lot”.

And I must agree that they did appear better than either OSU or TU, so, I guess there’s no shame in falling competitively to a superior opponent on the road.

But it’s still maddening to feel like ORU played nowhere near their potential, and were hamstrung all night long by simply not having the right guys on the floor most of the time. 

Can not count on hitting enough threes to win on the road!  Got to have more big guys in the game for rebounding and defense on the road!  Have to get to the free throw line more on the road!  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Looked like Lacis had a good game: 14 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists.  He continues to improve in his shooting from the beginning of the year. 

His shooting has improved drastically. I don't know what his percentages are right now, but it's got to be much better than last year. I've thought for a long time that he shouldn't be allowed to shoot 3's, but he's quickly changing that thought. 

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

But it’s still maddening to feel like ORU played nowhere near their potential, and were hamstrung all night long by simply not having the right guys on the floor most of the time. 

Can not count on hitting enough threes to win on the road!  Got to have more big guys in the game for rebounding and defense on the road!  Have to get to the free throw line more on the road!  

Not sure how things shook out statistically, but according to the eye test we were MUCH better when Lufile was on the floor. DJ just didn't get it done last night. Would have loved to see DJ and Lufile  in there together at the 4/5. I don't understand why coach is so set on playing DJ exclusively at the 5. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EagleManiac said:

Not sure how things shook out statistically, but according to the eye test we were MUCH better when Lufile was on the floor. DJ just didn't get it done last night. Would have loved to see DJ and Lufile  in there together at the 4/5. I don't understand why coach is so set on playing DJ exclusively at the 5. 

Lufile did and could set some great picks for Abmas if he played more the others don't do a good job