ORU vs TCU

eagle88

I am seeing this game as one that is winnable.  TCU has size so hopefully our bigs really contribute . Looking at who TCU has played and their margin of victory with 1 loss if we play our A game we can win. I see our team improving each game so hopefully Thursday that trend will continue! Go Eagles!

TCU has eight new transfers, so they are still kind of figuring things out.  The big question is can ORU win on the road?  They have 5 out of 6 on the road in the next month.  A lot of teams are good at home but few can win consistently on the road.

Wish I could. Glad you are able to go! Cheer extra loud for me! Keenan I agree road wins are tough. Hopefully the team stays really focused.

Sorry but Coach Mills doesn't like to play Big Guys.....this one will be tough........:tb-white:

The Horned Frogs are 5-1 on the season; 4-0 at home and 1-1 at a neutral site. Their only loss was against Santa Clara, 66 to 85. 

Team stats:

Points per game: 71.7

FG%:   42.1% Opponent (39.5%)
3-pt%: 28.1% Opponent (31.2%)
FT%:  67.8%

Reb margin: +11.7

Assists:  13.8

Turnovers:  14.0

Looks like they are defense minded team that likes to grind  

ORU is averaging 34.9 three point attempts a game (#1 in the country), 13.6 made three pointers per game (#2) and averaging 38.9% from beyond the arc (#41). We are averaging  87.4 points per game - #10 in the country. 

After a relatively slow start, Max is averaging 22.3 ppg - 43.9% from three - along with 2.8 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.2 turnovers 

ORU shooting around 26 percent from three on the road, including Max about 16 percent (3-19).  At home they are around 44 percent from downtown.  So can the Eagles and Max hit the threes at TCU.  Should be the difference in winning or losing on Thursday night.

My wife and I will be there. Just got tickets in section 109 for $10 each (plus about $5 each in Stubhub fees and taxes).

I'll be rocking the Midcourt Max t-shirt.

As I said in my original post on this topic I will be there with my son in section 101 although we will attempt to make our way to the section behind the ORU bench. 

OT, I grew up in Farmers Branch on Lavita Lane. RL Turner class of ‘79. Live about 6 or 7 miles north on the Lewisville/Carrollton  border. 

16 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

As I said in my original post on this topic I will be there with my son in section 101 although we will attempt to make our way to the section behind the ORU bench. 

OT, I grew up in Farmers Branch on Lavita Lane. RL Turner class of ‘79. Live about 6 or 7 miles north on the Lewisville/Carrollton  border. 

What's funny is that I lived there for a few months during a project in the late '80's, and now my son is there, too, after living his entire life in Owasso.

I'll be there as well. Driving down Thursday afternoon. Let's go ORU!!!! 

Max is making a trip back to his hometown Dallas/Fort Worth area.  He has an interesting matchup with TCU's Miles.  Miles is a PG who is projected as a second round pick in the upcoming draft.  This is a good chance for Max to show to the scouts that he is still an elite point guard.

It is also a big game for recruiting purposes.  If ORU has a strong showing, then recruits in the Dallas and Houston area will want to come to Tulsa.  Tomorrow night's matchup is valuable on different levels.

• Upvote 3

We have 2 extra tickets in section 102 row E, seats 1 & 2.  I will give them to any ORU fan.  Message me if you want them.

Anybody know?....Do the guys fly down to Dallas or do they take a bus?....then bus down to Houston for the HBU game on Saturday?....:circle-logoi: