ORU-OSU

eagle88

My wife and I have season tickets and we'll be there. We were at the Mabee Center on January 29, 1997, when ORU defeated OSU 71-60. The team leaders were Tim Gill and Rocky Walls

• Like 1

I will be at the game doing my all to cheer the Eagles to victory! This would be a really good win for the program

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

looks like all the lower bowl and half of the upper bowl sections are sold out....

They've been releasing tickets a couple of rows at a time. I've been watching for the last week or so. I think they've sold a lot of tickets but I don't think it's as close to a sellout as they're making it look. Hope I'm wrong.  

• Thanks 1

Get there early and wear blue if possible. It will be a sea of orange for sure. 

This game felt like an NCAA tournament or Sweet 16 type of game.  Very hard fought and came down to a last second shot.  Very proud of the Eagles, gave it their all today.  Lacis and Weaver were both very tough and played well in the paint.  Hopefully this is the game that gets DJ going.  

Just got home....tough loss but sounds like ORU gave it everything....no joy in losing but fans got more than the price of admission....let's beat TU on Monday....👍

We are going to need Herron in March, would like to see him get more minutes and especially the pick and pop/roll action up top. 

• Upvote 1

I thought the turning point was when ORU lead 57-48 and the Eagles got the rebound off of a close miss.  Then OSU's coach runs on the floor and the referee blows the whistle for a timeout (on accident).  That was strange and then they only gave OSU's coach a warning.  After that the Cowboys go on a run and seemed to take back the momentum.  But give the Cowboys credit they fought back when it looked like ORU had taken over the game.  Hope ORU has something left in the tank for Tulsa!

Tough loss - got a great look from a great shooter. Just didn't go down. At the end of the day it was a very fun game in a great environment that hopefully made some decent money for the athletic department.  Will have some more thoughts to add to the conversation later but just wanted to hop on and see what everyone was thinking. 

GREAT GAME. 

• Like 1

What an incredible game! Got to say hi and shake hands with Scott Sutton before the game. I saw him talking to ORU fans that he probably knew. He got a nice reception which was well deserved. I agree that the game and environment felt like a sweet 16 game! Max and DJ shot well and both had big games. Our defense was really good with Lacis, DJ, Carlos playing exceptionally well. Big Eli and Sir Isaac played short minutes but played well. Trey Phipps looked good and is very smart and crafty.My grandsons were out of town so Max's Mom ,Dad,brother and sister sat next to me. Getting to know Max's parents gives great insight into why Max is such a great young man, on and off the court. Max hit some acrobatic shots tonight and I anticipate he will keep hitting his stride.If we play like we did tonight we should beat TU. So proud of the Eagles and look forward to a great season!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve now seen in several spots that ORU is deeming this game a “sellout”.

Someone needs to explain the math to me, because there were literally thousands of empty seats in the upper bowl.

I would put the actual butts-in-seats count at around 7,000, which is still the best crowd for an ORU game in over a decade.  

Can anyone explain the discrepancy on the attendance?

OT I have a perfectly logical explanation....just like phantom voters vote in our elections there had to have been phantom fans in those empty seats!