ORU at Central Arkansas

ORUTerry

Woof. This first half is hard to watch. Max is 0-11 and they have hit multiple 3's in a row to push the lead to 15. Going to need to buckle down and find another way to score besides shooting contested 3's.

Also, for what it's worth UCA's last three games are against Saint Louis, Butler, and Baylor, not SW Christian and Haskell. It shows...

32 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Man, I hate to tell you, but this is simply the way this staff plays, which is tough for old traditionalists like us.

Don’t hold your breath waiting for them to feed the post, or make the extra pass, or anything else conventional. 

Get ready for 30-40 threes taken EVERY SINGLE GAME, just as soon as they have a decent look, and lots of drives to the rim from the perimeter.

Like it or not - This. Is. ORU. Basketball. 

The staff may want to adjust! We are down 17 at the half to Central Arkansas. We have 6 TO's and 3 assists, and we are 1-10 from 3 point range- that's 10%.

You have to adjust to your personnel!!  Or we will need to get used to a lot of "off nights"!

No- I don't like what we I'm seeing from ORU basketball right now!!!

• Upvote 1

What an embarrassment....🤮😬🤮

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman has a small teaser on UCA and the Over...hard to put a lot of $$$ on an 0-3 team with all blowout losses...😎

Remind me to send you a support letter for our ministry! 😆😂

McBride is coming alive, lead is 5. He has had several terrific drives to the basket. Max has been sitting nearly the whole second half.

I wonder if Max is sick? Joslin said in the pregame that Lacis had a virus vs Haskell and Jurgens had something before the game and was a game time decision. Maybe Max has it too?

Thank God for St. Thomas but at this point I think this team will struggle to beat them.

OSU and TU games will be VERY ugly.

Such a step back! I can handle the beat down at Colorado State, but you just cannot lose at Central Arkansas if you aspire to be considered a TOP mid-major program.

Want to be positive so will say this: ORU battled in the second half when they were down 20 and shooting around 15 percent from the field.  The defense forced some turnovers, which lead to some offense.  Never easy to win on the road.  

How did Max start the game 0-15?  Was not watching the first half but surely Max would not have another half like that again.