ORU at SMU

ORU82

Sitting here in the man-cave watching SMU humiliate the Lady Eagles.  It is 52-20 at the half and SMU is well on track to put up 100+ against us.  The game is on ESPN+ and trust me, we are an embarrassment.  I realize it is only the 3rd game for the Lady Eagles, but I have watched some of the UNLV and Colorado State game broadcasts/Livestreams.  My question is how long are we going to continue with the same coaching staff.  Coach Cussen became HC after 16 years as an assistant at ORU in April, 2012.  Since then her record is 130-139 and the program for quite a few years has been an absolute train wreck.  Oh well, just me $.02.

81-44 final is pretty embarrassing....ORU ladies haven't been very good for the past decade.....AD Tim Johnson has some tough decisions to make.....what's happened with the girl from GCU?...thought she was supposed to be a difference maker?.......😬

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

81-44 final is pretty embarrassing....ORU ladies haven't been very good for the past decade.....AD Tim Johnson has some tough decisions to make.....what's happened with the girl from GCU?...thought she was supposed to be a difference maker?.......😬

Mayb she has injuries got knocked down in the first game hasn't been the same since

It is still a long season but things have to turn around by conference play.  This year looked so promising with many starters back and some solid newcomers. Coach Cussens has been at ORU for over 20 years (also as an assistant) so yeah it is time for a change.  

They are 2-3 games into the season.  They very nearly beat a decent UNLV team.  They could schedule easy teams in the non conference and just stack up wins but instead they schedule up a little bit and now you are calling for a coaching change.  That is a massive overreaction IMHO.  Hopefully they can get/stay healthy and have a great season.

• Like 1

Good points all around.  I attended the UNLV game, and was more than a little concerned about the lack of conditioning for several ORU players, which proved costly in the 4th quarter when the game was in the balance.  Stark contrast to the men's team under Mills and the current S&C staff...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ORUJason is correct. Misti could have scheduled like the men's team.

Can someone tell me how many D-1 wins the men's team has this year?

Hey Voice....we have ONE....😎