(pre) Season Predictions

TrueBlue82

Here's my take on the annual season prediction thread.  While this activity normally takes place BEFORE the season begins, due to the lack of exhibition games and the significant impact of transfers (in and out), I waited until after game one to begin the discussion.

Breaking it down by month:

NOVEMBER:

Non-Conf Home: 4-1  NC Away 1-1; Total 5-2

DECEMBER:

Non-Conf Home: 1-0 NC Away 1-2; Summit Home 1-0 Away 1-1; Total 4-3; Cumulative 9-5

JANUARY:

Summit Home 3-0 Away 3-2; Total 6-2; Cumulative 15-7

FEBRUARY:

Summit Home 4-1 Away 1-1; Total 5-2; Cumulative 20-9

Season Summary: Non-Conf 7-4; Summit 13-5 (#2 or 3 seed); Home 13-2; Away 7-7

Scoring Recap - it is very possible that ORU will have five players averaging double-digits over the course of the season, which is a highly balanced approach.  Max won't get to last year's numbers, but will be close.

Team average 81 ppg.

Abmas 23

Jurgens 12

Weaver 11

McBride 10

Thompson 10

Lacis 6

Others, combined 9

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Here's my take on the annual season prediction thread.  While this activity normally takes place BEFORE the season begins, due to the lack of exhibition games and the significant impact of transfers (in and out), I waited until after game one to begin the discussion.

Breaking it down by month:

NOVEMBER:

Non-Conf Home: 4-1  NC Away 1-1; Total 5-2

DECEMBER:

Non-Conf Home: 1-0 NC Away 1-2; Summit Home 1-0 Away 1-1; Total 4-3; Cumulative 9-5

JANUARY:

Summit Home 3-0 Away 3-2; Total 6-2; Cumulative 15-7

FEBRUARY:

Summit Home 4-1 Away 1-1; Total 5-2; Cumulative 20-9

Season Summary: Non-Conf 7-4; Summit 13-5 (#2 or 3 seed); Home 13-2; Away 7-7

Scoring Recap - it is very possible that ORU will have five players averaging double-digits over the course of the season, which is a highly balanced approach.  Max won't get to last year's numbers, but will be close.

Team average 81 ppg.

Abmas 23

Jurgens 12

Weaver 11

McBride 10

Thompson 10

Lacis 6

Others, combined 9

Assuming the defensive issues can be fixed, this looks spot-on.  Otherwise, I would not be surprised with something more along the lines of 18-11 or 17-12. 

Regardless, I think 3rd in the Summit, or even 4th again, is now much more realistic than knocking either of the XDSU's out of the top two.