ORU at CSU Predictions

theeagleman5

TheEagleman is more than mildly surprised that ORU is +13.5 vs. CSU tomorrow night....that's about double what I expected and shows a complete lack of respect for our program....surely i expected the Rams to be favored as they should be at home and with a lot of talent.....but this line is a complete stunner to me....either that or Vegas knows something....in this case TheEagleman thinks that they don't.....I am not expecting a Golden Eagles victory but surely the Good Guys will not get whipped by double digits....agree with a lot of the talk that other teammates will have to step up if CSU focuses their defensive efforts on Max....but still expecting #3 to get his 20+ points....but who will step up and get another 20 for ORU?....Weaver?  McBride?  Thompson?....somebody else?....TheEagleman doesn't have the answer to that or maybe it will be spread out and we will see 4 or 5 guys in double digits.....Roddy will be tough to defend and expecting him to get his 20-25 at least....looking forward to an outstanding mid major college basketball game....Good Guys could win this with good shooting and minimal turnovers but the Rams will be tough on their home court on opening night with a big vocal crowd.....CSU 82  ORU 76......:tb-blue:

The Tulsa World article mentioned that we made 17 three pointers in a recent scrimmage (UALR or North Texas?). Let’s hope we catch fire against the Rams. 

TheEagleman got ORU plus the 13.5  and teased with the Over which is 154.5. So i get 6 pts on each...if ORU loses by 20 then we are in trouble....I feel real good about this one....line just dropped to 12.5....😯

It’s the first game of the year for both teams - who knows what will happen? Nothing would surprise me. 

8 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman got ORU plus the 13.5  and teased with the Over which is 154.5. So i get 6 pts on each...if ORU loses by 20 then we are in trouble....I feel real good about this one....line just dropped to 12.5....😯

Dang, Eagleman, how much did you bet to make that line move so much? 😎

TheEagleman and his modest wager didnt move that line....but expect it to drop another point or so prior to tip off....a line that high will attract some ORU money. Image result for cosmo kramer photos

We need the bracketologist guy, Joe Lundari, to make another bold pick as he did versus Ohio State.  ORU pulls off the upset 75-74 tonight!  Max at the buzzer for the win!

In my opinion the difference between this year's team and ORU teams of  the past is this year's team  100% believes  they will win. I have been around these guys enough to see that they are highly competitive and expect to win! Even while scimmaging each other it is a dog fight! With that said we have several new additions to the team and it may take a few games for them to get in sync. Colorado State is an excellent team so the Eagles will have to play an A game tonight to have a chance. I'm believing for an A game so ORU 72-70

For those old enough to remember Tug McGraw in 1973 I quote, "You gotta believe!". No idea what the score will be, but I'm with Tug on this one and predict a Golden Eagle victory.  

TheEagleman is loving the positive waves.......Image result for cosmo kramer photos

Tonight will be a great test! Every team practices hard and believes they can win every game, but as the old saying goes everyone has a plan until "you get punched in the mouth".  Colo St. is a good, veteran team that will play a physical brand of basketball. They will definitely focus on Max defensively which will make this game a great opportunity for the other guys to step up against very good competition. The team will also establish a new identity tonight without KO; not just offensively, but rebounding will be a key area to watch.

We'll get a lot of our questions answered tonight!

Go Eagles!!

• Like 1

ORU still a 12 point dog....Go Blue!😎

• 1 month later...