Max in the new year

Keenan Henderson

As I understand it, as long as he doesn’t hire an agent or sign a contract, he maintains his eligibility. 

Thanks Terry. Maybe he comes back but it would be great for him if he makes it!

Not 100% if I have this right but it appears that Max has signed with an agent. The person (joshbeauregardbell) who created this post that max added to his Instagram story says in his profile he is an agent with octagon. Hope I’m misunderstanding it.E7A18803-63B7-42BE-B349-05BCC5E059B8.thumb.png.b5af0bd269385f79d9ce34006403a733.png

Max can sign an agent to handle his NIL deals and keep his eligibility. 

• Like 1

Terry is correct. These guys have been representing Max since last year.

• Like 2

It basically comes down to does Max want to return for his senior year and have a chance to go back to the NCAA tournament and of course graduate.  Or take option B of playing in the G league.  The draft or making an NBA team is off the table.

I'm curious how many on this board believe that Max will be back next year?  I, for one, don't see that happening.  I guess we won't know until June 1, but I think either way, this team is stacked with some really nice pieces!

I think he is coming back. Participating in the NBA draft process is helpful to him; it allows him to know what skills he needs to hone and what his competition is at that level. It is also good for ORU to have players in that process. 

And I am an eternal optimist… but if he leaves, I would totally understand and support him. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

I think he is coming back. Participating in the NBA draft process is helpful to him; it allows him to know what skills he needs to hone and what his competition is at that level. It is also good for ORU to have players in that process. 

And I am an eternal optimist… but if he leaves, I would totally understand and support him. 

Totally agree.  I think Max leaving last year was a much greater risk than it is now.

13 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

It basically comes down to does Max want to return for his senior year and have a chance to go back to the NCAA tournament and of course graduate.  Or take option B of playing in the G league.  The draft or making an NBA team is off the table.

He will probably take a pay cut in the G League i would think but may just be ready to get it started. 

Of course he can go overseas and make $200k to $300k a year. 

At this point, I doubt he leaves. Two months ago I would have bet my house that he'd enter the transfer portal and be gone, but at this point I'd make the same wager that he's in a Golden Eagle uniform in November. I just don't think he'll be able to garner the same interest he did last year, unfortunately. Hopefully he proves me wrong. 

Max seems like a guy who takes his education seriously.....in the short run he can probably make some $$ in the G League or Europe but i thought the guy wants to be a doctor or something like that....so he needs his ORU degree....TheEagleman thinks we will see Max in Blue and Gold for another season.....:circle-logoi:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like I’m clearly in the minority thinking we have seen our last of Max in an ORU uniform. With that said, if Max forgoes his senior season and stays in the draft, does that change any of your views about him and his legacy at ORU? Any bitterness or resentment?

Stay or go, my opinion is that his name should be somewhere on or in the new athletic building.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

Looks like I’m clearly in the minority thinking we have seen our last of Max in an ORU uniform. With that said, if Max forgoes his senior season and stays in the draft, does that change any of your views about him and his legacy at ORU? Any bitterness or resentment?

If Max moves on you'll look like a genius . . .

3 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

If Max moves on you'll look like a genius . . .

I actually think it’s more likely he moves on than he returns. But that’s just my opinion. I think for someone of his size (5’11”), the more time that passes from his initial introduction to the national spotlight (March 2020) the less likely it is for him to earn a good-paying contract. Hope I’m wrong!