Max in the new year

Keenan Henderson

1 hour ago, vcboy2000 said:

If he entered, surely one of our Tulsa reporters would have caught it.

Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

• Haha 2

I was told Friday night at the baseball game by someone with better sources than me that Max has been respectfully weighing his options and laying low while the coaching staff pursues these transfer targets, and may yet declare for the draft this week without hiring an agent, to go through the process of getting evaluated and receiving a draft grade before ultimately making his final decision before the loss of eligibility deadline.

Basically, the same thing he did last year…

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

I was told Friday night at the baseball game by someone with better sources than me that Max has been respectfully weighing his options and laying low while the coaching staff pursues these transfer targets, and may yet declare for the draft this week without hiring an agent, to go through the process of getting evaluated and receiving a draft grade before ultimately making his final decision before the loss of eligibility deadline.

Basically, the same thing he did last year…

If the deadline has already passed to enter the draft, how can Max enter the NBA draft this week?  It seems confusing but OT you can probaly explain it in simple terms.

9 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

If the deadline has already passed to enter the draft, how can Max enter the NBA draft this week?  It seems confusing but OT you can probaly explain it in simple terms.

I don't know how all that works; does anyone else know if that "deadline" this week was a soft date, or if there are ways Max and others could have entered quietly?

If you go to NBA Communications then they have five pages of players who entered the draft (283 guys). Surprised that Max is the first name on the list and this is for the 2022 draft.  This is a press release by the NBA draft, so it seems pretty accurate. 
Hoops Rumors website has Max on a list who they said did not publicly announce or somehow it slipped through their fingers. So Max must have declared without anyone knowing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

If you go to NBA Communications then they have five pages of players who entered the draft (283 guys). Surprised that Max is the first name on the list and this is for the 2022 draft.  This is a press release by the NBA draft, so it seems pretty accurate. 

NEW YORK  – The National Basketball Association announced today that 283 players — 247 players from colleges and 36 international players — have filed as early entry candidates for NBA Draft 2022 presented by State Farm.

Players who have applied for early entry have the right to withdraw their names from consideration for the Draft by notifying the NBA of their decision in writing no later than 5 p.m. ET on Monday, June 13. Under NCAA rules, in order to retain college basketball eligibility, college players who have entered NBA Draft 2022 must withdraw by Wednesday, June 1.

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2022/04/2022-Early-Entry-Candidates.pdf

On 4/25/2022 at 9:36 AM, GoldenEagleFan said:

There is no way Max did not enter the draft. My guess is he just did not publicly announce his entry as he did last year. I wonder if the NBA puts out an official list or makes it known to the public?

Exactly right!  Good call Golden Eagle Fan.

Just some thoughts: last year when Max entered it was big news, even posted on the ESPN web page but this year not even ORU's brightest fans knew about it.  As mentioned before Max has gone way down on the draft boards and would be blessed to be drafted in the 4th or 5th round (which of course ends at the second round).  If he enters for good it would be a big surprise but stranger things have happened.

17 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

…but this year not even ORU's brightest fans knew about it.

Wrong. 🙂

Wrong about you knowing about it - or about being one of ORU’s brightest fans?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Right OT, you and Golden Eagle Fan thought Max would enter the draft, even though there was no announcement from him.  Just seems a little odd it was kept so quiet. 

For me it just wouldn’t make sense to enter the draft in 2021 and not enter it in 2022. I wish I was “in the know”!

TheEagleman Loves the "PROTECT THE MABEE" shirt......😎

On 4/28/2022 at 12:39 PM, ORUTerry said:

Wrong about you knowing about it - or about being one of ORU’s brightest fans?

Correct. 😁

So if Max tries out for the G League is he eligible to come back to ORU?