Max in the new year

Keenan Henderson

TheEagleman getting in his car recently........Image result for cosmo kramer photos driving a car

• Haha 1

not sure if this has been posted before....nice feature on Max at ORU from Francis Lacis during this past season....he seems really comfortable at ORU

fingers crossed we get 1 more year.

p.s.:  i'm no car expert, but it looks more like a Camaro to me....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Nice video....and definitely a Camaro.....not a Corvette.....which helps with the insurance premiums......👍

That’s probably his old ride; he likely got the ‘vette just a month ago when he signed the NIL deal with Jim Norton Chevrolet, a Corvette dealer in Tulsa.

• Upvote 1

Max is right in the center of God's will at ORU.  ORU while far from perfect, is a great place to be!

Ah...so Max DOES have a CORVETTE.....smooth but expensive on gas and insurance....is gas over $4 a gallon in Tulsa?...it's about $4.20 here in suburban Philly right now......and wondering why Max said he came to ORU for the Basketball?.....I am sure he came for A LOT more than that....who wrote that script??.....😬

5 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

....is gas over $4 a gallon in Tulsa?...it's about $4.20 here in suburban Philly right now......

$3.50.

A LOT cheaper than CA where I just moved from. 😂

I’m guessing either the insurance is covered by Jim Thorton or the title is still in the name of the dealer. Max may not even have to pay for the gas. 

Gas always was cheaper in Oklahoma.....to put things in perspective.....TheEagleman can remember calling his dad back in about 1975 for a chat  during the gas crisis....the old man happened to mention that he had to go get in line for his weekly tank of gas which was approaching 80 cents a gallon at the time in PA.....I just laughed and told him that I had filled up earlier in the day at 43 cents a gallon over on Peoria.....ah.....those were the days.....😎

In 1972, I was buying premium for 28 cents a gallon on Peoria. It was 2 cents more than regular, but even as a struggling newlywed ORU student, I figured I could afford the luxury.

• Like 1

$0.89 per gallon at Sam’s in 2020.  Cheapest gasoline ever on an inflation adjusted basis….

The NBA draft deadline ended last night around midnight eastern time zone and no signs of Max entering the draft. Now we just have until May 1st for the transfer portal to close up. Maybe Midcourt Max is coming back for his senior year!

• Upvote 3

There is no way Max did not enter the draft. My guess is he just did not publicly announce his entry as he did last year. I wonder if the NBA puts out an official list or makes it known to the public?

• Upvote 1

If he entered, surely one of our Tulsa reporters would have caught it.

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2022 at 5:54 PM, ORUJason said:

I remember 59 cents a gallon at QT in 1982.

Me too!!