Max in the new year

Keenan Henderson

Hey guys, ORob2 here, making my first post on the ORU message board!  I'm pleased to say that (if my math is correct), after a season low 15 points tonight from the current #1 scorer in the nation, Antoine Davis, I think we'll have a familiar name topping the charts tomorrow!

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, ORob2 said:

Hey guys, ORob2 here, making my first post on the ORU message board!  I'm pleased to say that (if my math is correct), after a season low 15 points tonight from the current #1 scorer in the nation, Antoine Davis, I think we'll have a familiar name topping the charts tomorrow!

Welcome!

It does look like Max is back in first

2-5-22-scoring-leaders.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Max was just named 1st Team All Summit League!  Way to go Mid Court Max.  McBride was listed on the  honorable mention team (basically 3rd team).  No other Eagles made the newcomers list or all defensive team.

Well deserved for both Max and McBride.  I've got a post on McBride that I'm still workshopping. 

Really can't disagree with a single one of the All Summit awards; which I can't recall ever saying.  Would have loved to see Elijah get some sort of run, but he just didn't play enough in January to put together a complete portfolio.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Max posted on Instagram today that he has a partnership with Jim Norton Chevy .Is it a bad sign that his Jersey has no logo? DDE0D281-F1E2-4675-866C-C6D11A8B2079.thumb.png.effef5ccf0d298eb5cb6b5b7de52aa88.png

I like that it’s a Tulsa dealership. Is there a ban on players using the school’s name or logo in the advertising?

No bueno. ORU let him sell his jersey with their name/logo on it all year long. I doubt they have a restriction on that. 

isn't this a good sign that he might be coming back?  why sign NIL deals w/a local business if you are going pro or transferring to a school out of town?

the dealership simply may have not known if they could use the logo in their ad and photoshopped it out

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

I like that it’s a Tulsa dealership. Is there a ban on players using the school’s name or logo in the advertising?

Thought the same about it being a Tulsa based dealership. Would they want him representing them if he was transferring to another school? Going pro makes sense but not transferring. 

Might be different since this is a business establishment? Could the NCAA prohibit that kind of advertisement?

• Upvote 1

whatever it means, good for max getting a few bucks and or the use of a car

• Upvote 3

This can't be good but I'm hoping that's simply the dealership's way of not alienating the TU, OSU and OU fanbases....fingers crossed.

I don't think Max would want this to be the way he announces that he's leaving.  He seems like the kind to do it right and would respect ORU more than that.  

Rob

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1