Max in the new year

Keenan Henderson

The only other mid-major player on the list is Roddy from undefeated and 20th-ranked Colorado State.  ORU by far the smallest school with a candidate. 

• Like 1

TheEagleman would expect Max to be back for the 2022-23 season....sounds like he wants his degree plus he still needs to bulk up to play pro ball...just my 2 cents but ORU and Max are made for each other.....👍

• Upvote 2

After last night's game at St. Thomas Max is in the top 5 in scoring...

max_2022_scoring.jpg

Here is a Max Abmas saying" Grind in the dark so you can shine in the light". I was told that Max prefers to workout in the practice gym where he is not as likely to be seen. In so many ways  Max exemplifies what it means to be a humble, confident, hard working athlete who is an incredible role model! It is always really cool to see Max sign autographs and encourage young  athletes. Max was truly a hidden gem!

A buddy of mine was running around ORU at 5am to train for a marathon and bumped into Max going to the gym. My buddy says, "So this is how you win championships." Max simply smiles and says, "Yes, sir."

• Upvote 2

With his 70-point explosion in two games this week, Max is now up to 3rd nationally in the NCAA.com stats at 22.9 points per game, trailing Iowa's Keegan Murray at 24.7 and Detroit Mercy's Antoine Davis at 23.6, respectively.

He's also pulling away from a couple of other Big Ten stars in Johnny Davis of Wisconsin at 22.6 and Kofi Cockburn of Illinois at 22.5.  No one else in D1 is averaging more than 21.6 per game.

I really like Max's chances of taking the scoring lead by mid-February; he's done most of his damage lately on the road against upper-division Summit teams; he could really blow up in the comfy confines of Mabee Center in the next few weeks vs. lower division opponents. 

And those Big Ten guys are going to start falling off as they deal with the grind of their conference schedule, much as Luka Garza of Iowa did last year as Max passed him near the end of the regular season.

Would not surprise me at all if Max ends up averaging at least 25 points per game this year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

With his 70-point explosion in two games this week, Max is now up to 3rd nationally in the NCAA.com stats at 22.9 points per game, trailing Iowa's Keegan Murray at 24.7 and Detroit Mercy's Antoine Davis at 23.6, respectively.

He's also pulling away from a couple of other Big Ten stars in Johnny Davis of Wisconsin at 22.6 and Kofi Cockburn of Illinois at 22.5.  No one else in D1 is averaging more than 21.6 per game.

I really like Max's chances of taking the scoring lead by mid-February; he's done most of his damage lately on the road against upper-division Summit teams; he could really blow up in the comfy confines of Mabee Center in the next few weeks vs. lower division opponents. 

And those Big Ten guys are going to start falling off as they deal with the grind of their conference schedule, much as Luka Garza of Iowa did last year as Max passed him near the end of the regular season.

Would not surprise me at all if Max ends up averaging at least 25 points per game this year.

If Max continues with his current 27.5ppg Summit average over the final 12 conference games, he will end the regular season at 24.89ppg.  I agree that there is still some upside with the remaining schedule, and a 25 ppg season is definitely in reach. 

Well earned by Max with his 70 point week on the road.....now he has a full 7 days to rest up for the trip to KC on Saturday......TheEagleman is still shaking his head about that 2pm start time at Western Illinois on Saturday afternoon....that's not right and should be reviewed by the League when a visiting team has a Thursday night game only 42 hrs earlier.....😬

Next two game road trip is basically the same: late Thursday night with Omaha and then 2 pm Sat. tip with Denver.  See a pattern forming here.

26 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Next two game road trip is basically the same: late Thursday night with Omaha and then 2 pm Sat. tip with Denver.  See a pattern forming here.

As well as the next and final road trip - with a game on Thursday (2/17) against NDSU and then a Saturday game at 2:00 versus North Dakota….

11 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

As well as the next and final road trip - with a game on Thursday (2/17) against NDSU and then a Saturday game at 2:00 versus North Dakota….

The final road trip isn’t unreasonable, as NDSU and UND are separated by 90 interstate miles.  But the drive from St Paul to WIU (or the flight between Omaha and Denver) definitely favors the home team.  

Ya know, maybe it's by design:  so the team can get out of town (particularly catch a flight) early Saturday evening, rather than have to spend the night?

eh....it's only money.....what's an extra night at the Motel 6 in Fargo cost anyway?.....😎

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

eh....it's only money.....what's an extra night at the Motel 6 in Fargo cost anyway?.....😎

That's kind of my point:  who really WANTS to spend an extra night in the Motel 6 in Fargo if you can avoid it?? #FireUpTheBus 

excuse me bus GIF