Moving On: New Ohio State Roster Puts Oral Roberts Loss In The Past (Columbus Dispatch)

Old Titan

Typical when it comes to the local coverage of "The Ohio State University".  BTW, their use of "The" when referring to Ohio State University is offensive to many in the State of Ohio.  If my math is correct, there are at least 12 other D-I MBB programs in the State, and as the good folks in Athens had fun with in March, Ohio University was the last D-I program still in the Tourney last March.  People from Ohio University will also tell you that their institution was not only the first university in the State of Ohio, it was and remains the first university west of the Allegheny Mountains in the nation and had been in existence some 60+ years when Ohio State was started.  Sorry for the rant but Ohio State's arrogance goes far.

• Upvote 1

That’s why I bought 2 “THE Oral Roberts University” t-shirts… and wear them proudly. 

55 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Typical when it comes to the local coverage of "The Ohio State University" ... sorry for the rant but Ohio State's arrogance goes far.

No apology necessary - it's a pathetic article.  I was appalled at the lack of journalistic integrity.  

It belongs on a fan-boy website, not in a supposedly reputable newspaper.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

That’s why I bought 2 “THE Oral Roberts University” t-shirts… and wear them proudly. 

I hope you got them from a reputable site, and not these clowns.  Not only can they not spell, their version of Eli looks like something that chased Raquel Welch in "One Million B.C." 

Screenshot 2021-10-05 143351.jpg

...and I love the disclaimer just above ^^^^. 

You mean to tell me that what they ship could actually look worse??  🤣

I find that when I'm trying to leave something in the past continuing to bring it up doesn't seem to help... 🤷‍♂️

TheEagleman was vacationing last week in Hilton Head, SC with MrsEagleman and while riding up an elevator in our Marriott Resort a couple wearing The Ohio State T-Shirts got on with us.....just by sheer coincidence (?) I happened to be wearing my blue Sweet 16 ORU T-shirt and the man noticed it immediately and winced.....I looked at him and said..."still hurts, doesn't it?"....LOL....he just laughed and got off when the doors opened not on our floor....never saw them again but i did see their car with a Buckeyes sticker on the back and another in the rear window....it made me feel good for a few seconds....my wife felt i was rubbing it in.....but TheEagleman didn't care....👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Having spent way too much time in Columbus OH surrounded by Bucknuts I can tell you a couple of things. 

1.  That’s actually pretty objective journalism based on the typical low standards of the Dispatch. 

2.  This is a very Buckeye reaction “own it but it wasn’t your fault.”

3.  With the numerous references to all the players that are no longer there are they implying “maybe it was their fault so own what you feel you should own.”

4.  I don’t remember the media coverage, the committee’s seeding or the point spread taking any injuries into account. Maybe I missed it. 

5.  Reading this drivel and their sniffling gave me great joy. Does that make me petty? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2