NCAA Football.....

theeagleman5

ORU opens our roundball season this year at Colorado State....well anybody watch the SDSU at CSU football opener last night from Fort Collins??...the FCS Jacks stunned the FBS Rams 42-23 and it wasn't that close.....SDSU could be making a return trip to the FCS title game in January....they looked really good.....kudos to our friends in Brookings!!   :sdsu:

• Like 1

And South Dakota almost beat Kansas. The Jayhawks scored a touchdown with about a minute to go to squeeze out at 17-14 win. 

14 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

And South Dakota almost beat Kansas. The Jayhawks scored a touchdown with about a minute to go to squeeze out at 17-14 win. 

And the KU fans celebrated and stormed the field as if they had won the Big 12 title game (whatever that is…) 😉

Yeah, I saw that. Guess you have to celebrate all wins. Especially when they are few & far between. 

First win for KU since 2019....😯

McKenzie Milton of Florida State.....talk about miracles....check that one out....too bad the FSU kicker missed an easy FG in OT.....a Noles victory with that kid leading the way playing for the first time in 3 yrs after a devastating leg injury would have been the ultimate comeback story.....it's still amazing.....👍

Didn’t the kid make the first one, but it didn’t count because his coach called time out? Genius move…

Yes, Terry....the kicker made it from 50 but the FSU coach had asked for a replay of the previous down which had been incorrectly ruled a fumble instead of an incomplete pass.....so the ball was moved up about 13-14 yards and then the kid missed the 37 yard attempt wide left.....not the first time in FSU history a big FG has been blown.....ugh!😮....everybody had to be rooting for the Milton kid to win the game after he was told a couple years ago he would never play football again and might not be able to walk without a limp....his mom crying up in the stands next to dad was priceless TV when he led FSU on the first TD drive down 38-20.......plus TheEagleman can't see how anybody roots for ND anymore with a putz like Brian Kelly as Head Coach....he's a total whiner plus he drops all kinds of F-Bombs and other bad language on the sidelines.....how can a "good catholic" university like Notre Dame continue to allow Kelly to behave like that on the sidelines....I guess if you win it's tolerated.....pathetic......🤢

Pokes going at it with TU in Stillwater as TheEagleman writes this.....should be an interesting contest.....👍

Great intrastate battle...28-23 Pokes with 3 minutes left...😬

OSU hangs on to win....Pokes with two unimpressive victories to start the season...🤨

This Saturday is the 50th anniversary of the sensational OU-Nebraska game from 1971....TheEagleman remembers watching some that one in the old ORU Sub where they had a color TV set up on the wall and about 45-50 lounging chairs....I was visiting for the prospective students seminar that Thanksgiving weekend.....they called it "The Game of the Century"....#1 Huskers vs. #2 Sooners....RB Johnny Rodgers vs. RB Greg Pruitt....and it was a classic with Nebraska pulling out a 35-31 victory....one of my first memories at ORU....later that night I saw the ORU Titans play for my first time at the ORU gym packed with about 3000 fans on the old benches.....we smacked some small school around in a tune up game.....TheEagleman's first glimpse of Richard Fuqua.....good memories....🤩

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eagleman, your memory blows me away. I can barely remember what I did last week and you're recalling things from 1971. Impressive! 

• Upvote 1

Well....like i said...TheEagleman can remember an event from 50 yrs ago but forget the name of a person introduced to me last week....it's just part of getting old....I just remember sitting with all those disappointed OU fans on that Friday afternoon and the old Sub was packed that day....back in the day the OU-Nebraska game was always played on the Friday after Thanksgiving....and both teams were almost always Top 10 or 20 schools in the 70s and 80s....i have always been a Penn State fan so not real fond of the OU Sooners and their fans dating back to my days in Tulsa....i guess that's why i gravitated towards underdog OSU back in my college days.....that ORU prospective student weekend was my first long trip away from home as a 17 year old and my first time travelling on an airplane....needless to say i was overwhelmed and nervous....but the trip to Tulsa was memorable as I ended up applying to ORU when I got home to Philly.....still hoping to bring my middle grandson out for a trip to 7777 So. Lewis in 2022 or 2023....😎....maybe others out there have some old OU-Nebraska football memories from the past???...😉

I was 10 years old and living outside Omaha (Offutt Air Force Base) when I saw that game. I remember that the Nebraska fans were fanatic.  Lots of local tv advertisements that were really corny… The game was exciting - especially since I was rooting for the Cornhuskers. Ironic that I now live in Oklahoma. 

Nebraska played OU a lot tougher than I thought.....expected Sooners to win at home by 30+.....Big road win for the Pokes at Boise St. last night.....always a tough take winning on the blue.....both OU and OSU remain undefeated....Tulsa battled Ohio State for 55 minutes....Buckeyes felt compelled to ram in two late scores to make the final look better for pollsters....TheEagleman thinks Ohio State, ND and Clemson are all overrated.....Nittany Lions are a team to watch out for...early wins at Wisconsin and last night at home vs. Auburn both impressive.....🍺

On 9/5/2021 at 1:12 AM, ORUTerry said:

Yeah, I saw that. Guess you have to celebrate all wins. Especially when they are few & far between. 

That's right! And learn from defeats 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

OU with a stunning comeback last week vs. Texas......Pokes play the Longhorns tomorrow in a big game at Austin.....😎