The Spoils of Victory

Old Titan

Excited fot the guys/team, well deserved!  They look like NBA champ rings!  Too bad they did not have a ceremony at one of the home games (TU maybe), where they could have presented the rings to each member of the team.

34 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Excited fot the guys/team, well deserved!  They look like NBA champ rings!  Too bad they did not have a ceremony at one of the home games (TU maybe), where they could have presented the rings to each member of the team.

Who says they won't?

5 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

So, 10 returning players pictured w/ rings (L-to-R):  Lacis, Lufile, Jurgens, Clover, Bergens, Abmas, Weaver, Alexandre, Plet, and Thompson.

Conspicuously absent are the new additions:  McBride, Phipps, Herron, Lawrence and Tekavcic.

Which must suck for those guys, ya know??

Sweet Sixteen gets you a ring? I mean, props for making it, and the rings are amazing, and really cool for the guys...but a ring used to mean you won it all. Right?

54 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

Sweet Sixteen gets you a ring? I mean, props for making it, and the rings are amazing, and really cool for the guys...but a ring used to mean you won it all. Right?

Pretty sure the conference championship is sufficient for a championship ring. Cut down the nets get a ring is all pretty standard protocol. 

14 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Yeah, I'm guessing these are technically Summit League Championship rings; they're just celebrating the icing on the cake with all the Sweet Sixteen gloss.

Excited 2018 Nfl GIF by New England Patriots

ORU had not been to a Sweet 16 in 47 years, so go all out! The biggest rings, the biggest banner in the Mabee Center, and any other way to celebrate.  This is a once in a lifetime event (hopefully there will be more in the future)!