This coming year's team

eagle88

With the amazing recruiting done by the coaching staff the upside potential of the team is going to be fun to watch! As always the X factor will be how well and how soon they mesh. Having gotten to know some of the players and their incredible work ethic I predict they will mesh quickly and this will be a really good season! Go Eagles!!

• Like 1

This upcoming season is very exciting, not sure when there has been this much expectation of an ORU team.  Maybe the 84-85 team (ORU 40 could speak to that) was a close second.  The Eagles bring back 5 out of their top 6 players from the Sweet 16 run, so of course another NCAA tournament chance is reachable/do able!

Coach Mills knows that it is all about March, so I would expect him to slowly build this team to it's highest level for another March run.  Of course the Dakota teams will have something to say about that come Summit League tourney time.  The league will once again be top heavy with ORU and the Dakota teams all having a chance to bring home the trophy.

If they can handle the pressure of having a target on their backs then it should be another exciting season.  One side note: one section of the NCAA tournament draw is scheduled for Indy.  Would that not be interesting if ORU made the tournament again and was sent to Indy?

On 7/16/2021 at 7:55 PM, Keenan Henderson said:

This upcoming season is very exciting, not sure when there has been this much expectation of an ORU team.  Maybe the 84-85 team (ORU 40 could speak to that) was a close second.  The Eagles bring back 5 out of their top 6 players from the Sweet 16 run, so of course another NCAA tournament chance is reachable/do able!

Coach Mills knows that it is all about March, so I would expect him to slowly build this team to it's highest level for another March run.  Of course the Dakota teams will have something to say about that come Summit League tourney time.  The league will once again be top heavy with ORU and the Dakota teams all having a chance to bring home the trophy.

If they can handle the pressure of having a target on their backs then it should be another exciting season.  One side note: one section of the NCAA tournament draw is scheduled for Indy.  Would that not be interesting if ORU made the tournament again and was sent to Indy?

The 72-73 team was ranked in the top 20 according to S I after a great previous season. Teams will be gunning for them for sure. Mills will have them ready!

• 2 months later...

We are only about a month from the start up of another college basketball season.  Who is ready for some Golden Eagle basketball?  What will it take for ORU to continue to build upon last year's success?   Do they have enough size/toughness inside if Lufile cannot play?  How does Coach Mills build for another March run and make sure they do not peak too early?  Just throwing some questions out for discussion.

3 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

We are only about a month from the start up of another college basketball season.  Who is ready for some Golden Eagle basketball?  What will it take for ORU to continue to build upon last year's success?   Do they have enough size/toughness inside if Lufile cannot play?  How does Coach Mills build for another March run and make sure they do not peak too early?  Just throwing some questions out for discussion.

I'm fairly confident that all of these questions have already been answered somewhere deep within the "Max Abmas / Mock Drafts" thread. 😜

Seriously, I find myself already a little fatigued from all the prognostications.  I'm ready for some good old-fashioned "eye-tests". 👀

Lets Get It On Fight GIF

• Like 1

Hopefully there will be a Blue/Gold game in late October this year.....i guess there are no Exhibition games scheduled?....:circle-logoi:

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

.....i guess there are no Exhibition games scheduled?....

Sure there are....they just count in the record now! 🤣  #SouthwestChristian #RogersState #HaskellCollege

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, titansforever said:

The Tulsa World says that Lufile is going to be back. Is that true?

Several factors literally weighing in:  he was not approved for intense activity until a few weeks ago, at which point he was really overweight. I would imagine he will be on some sort of minutes restriction early on, as they determine his progress.

Even once he does get to playing shape, he’s bound to be foul-prone after missing all of last season and this past off-season.

Most likely it will be an experiment throughout the season to see how many effective minutes he can play each game. 

23 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Several factors literally weighing in:  he was not approved for intense activity until a few weeks ago, at which point he was really overweight. I would imagine he will be on some sort of minutes restriction early on, as they determine his progress.

Even once he does get to playing shape, he’s bound to be foul-prone after missing all of last season and this past off-season.

Most likely it will be an experiment throughout the season to see how many effective minutes he can play each game. 

We will be very fortunate if he can be in game shape by the beginning of Summit season in late December.  Having some inside presence will be key to the team's success.

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

We will be very fortunate if he can be in game shape by the beginning of Summit season in late December.  Having some inside presence will be key to the team's success.

This may give freshman Sir Isaac Herron a chance to maybe get a few more minutes then he would have.

I'm generally not big on expectations for true freshman, but I do have to say I was impressed by Sir Isaac. I was on campus with an old classmate of mine a couple weeks ago (Otis83 it was Morty) and we stopped by the Mabee Center, but practice had ended sometime before our arrival as the team practiced early as school was on break that week. Sir Isaac Herron was the last player on the court working on his shot with one of the GA's! 

That's the kind of hard work and extra effort that could help him make the most of those minutes he'll get early in the season and help the teams inside presence and rebounding(an area they definitely need to improve) as the season progress's!  

• Like 1