Mabee Center Updates

ttowncount

• 2 weeks later...

Groundbreaking for the Carter Center in October according to this article..things are moving fast...

• Like 1

Mabee Center looking very spiffy and TheEagleman loves the new look.....After 50 yrs I think it's time to change the name....TheEagleman Arena has a real nice ring to it.....now it's time to line up a very attractive opponent for the home opener....not UCO or Haskell please......no offense to those fine institutions.....😎

4 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Mabee Center looking very spiffy and TheEagleman loves the new look.....After 50 yrs I think it's time to change the name....TheEagleman Arena has a real nice ring to it.....now it's time to line up a very attractive opponent for the home opener....not UCO or Haskell please......no offense to those fine institutions.....😎

U might have to cough up some$$$ to get the name change😄😄😄

On second thought....How about Hobby Lobby Arena?....that should work.....and let's make a few calls and get a Power 5 school in there for  our home opener in November.....:shield-logo:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

On second thought....How about Hobby Lobby Arena?....that should work.....and let's make a few calls and get a Power 5 school in there for  our home opener in November.....:shield-logo:

Great ideas😃🏀

On 7/19/2021 at 5:25 PM, theeagleman5 said:

That would fire up the liberals in the city!

• Haha 1

Bleep the Liberals!!!....how many can there be in Oklahoma?....up here in PA?....too many!!....😬

6 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Bleep the Liberals!!!....how many can there be in Oklahoma?....up here in PA?....too many!!....😬

The whole state was red last nov😃

Love the new Mabee Center exterior look and can't wait to see the interior with new blue seats in the lower bowl....TheEagleman is contemplating a late February road trip for a basketball doubleheader and hopefully a weekend of ORU baseball if the team is at home....wanting to bring my 16 yr old grandson who is heading to his Soph year in HS for a campus visit....and he's a very good baseball pitcher at his HS in South Jersey....ya never know...he could be playing at JLJ some day in the next 5 years....😀

• Upvote 2

Was driving by the Mabee the other day and the parking lot was packed and with people streaming out from what appeared to be a denominational convention or something. Does that mean the seats are in? I'm anxious to see the new seats and the new interior, but I figured they'd not have that wrapped up until hours before tipoff of the first exhibition. 

No, it isn't done. I read something on the Mabee Center website of a youth conference that was scheduled to be there. They stopped the removal of the seats for th event which was scheduled before the plans to renovate.

Same reason why the exterior painting had stopped but has now started back up again; should be all blue-for-gold soon. 

And for anyone who is still nostalgic for the gold trim:  I was at the Mabee Center today and got to see the new blue panels right next to the old gold ones, and the difference is startling.  The gold is so tarnished; the navy looks incredible instead.  It looks like a new building.

And, while I didn’t get a chance to see it, I was told something along the lines of “If you think the exterior looks good, just wait tilL you see the renovated concourse”. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

And for anyone who is still nostalgic for the gold trim:  I was at the Mabee Center today and got to see the new blue panels right next to the old gold ones, and the difference is startling.  The gold is so tarnished; the navy looks incredible instead.  It looks like a new building.

I'm definitely a fan of the blue redo - but I'd like there to be gold accents to keep with the University colors AND the founder's original vision.