2021-2022 Preseason Rankings/Polls/Accolades/etc.

Old Titan

As the saying goes, if we want any respect we will have to earn it.  I looked at the list and some of the teams ranked ahead of us including one or two who were ranked way ahead of us I do not think are any better than we are.  Oh well, time will tell.  I do not mind being ranked lower than others as it just gives us the opportunity to prove the pundits wrong.  Go Golden Eagles!  

On 10/13/2021 at 6:50 PM, EagleManiac said:

It's probably a blessing though. It takes a bit of the target off our backs, and can be used as bulletin board material to fuel the guys. 

I'll take it. I hope Mills is reminding those guys of it EVERY day.

Everyone's going to be better this year; because everyone has so many players back due to the free COVID year.

The level of play in college basketball this year, especially in low-to-mid-major conferences that don't have players opting out early to go pro, is going to be off the hook.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

A deep dive into the Summit League:  familiar ranking of SDSU/NDSU/ORU by now, though I think he missed the ball on a couple of his ORU bullet points.

Very detailed analysis of each Summit League team. Need to look back on this through the season. I also think they missed on their read of several ORU  players, but that is understandable I guess. 

The articles biggest miss of ORU players was Sir Isaac.  They basically just mentioned his name.  That may be because he is a freshman and has yet to play in a college game (unless someone saw him in the scrimmage).  Most of us think that Herron will be a pleasant surprise!

On a side note South Dakota lost their all star player AJ Piltizoki to a season ending injury.  Remember him and Max in that shootout last year where they both had around 35.  Big loss for the Coyotes.