2021-2022 Preseason Rankings/Polls/Accolades/etc.

Old Titan

• Old Titan changed the title to 2021-2022 Preseason Rankings/Polls/Accolades/etc.

That must be based on Max and K.O. coming back for another year.  Otherwise, ORU is probaly an average team in the Summit League (say 4-5 seed).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
ANY time there's a chance to do something that only "The Big O" has accomplished, it's a big deal!

Max listed (albeit somewhat casually) as a FIRST TEAM preseason All-American on this podcast from Gary Parrish at CBS Sports, who is basically THE guy at CBS when it comes to college basketball polls, rankings, etc.  The Max talk starts at the 34:10 mark of this podcast; Kevin Obanor gets a little mention as well at 45:00 or so.

Who’s “Dre” on the left in this picture??

And does Coach Mills look like he’s lost a little weight?

8 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

And does Coach Mills look like he’s lost a little weight?

Deondre Burns, 2nd team all-Summit from the 2019-20 team (I know, that was a LONG time ago...) 

22 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And xxxxxxxxxxxxx act like they forgot about Dre

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Deondre Burns, 2nd team all-Summit from the 2019-20 team (I know, that was a LONG time ago...) 

Well, of course it is - and my favorite player from that team.

Knew he looked familiar, but just couldn’t place him from tbat pic.  Thanks TB82!

41 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And xxxxxxxxxxxxx act like they forgot about Dre

Wow, that apparent rap/hip-hop reference could not be more wasted on some old fart like me…lol.

Why can't they produce more nice ORU gear like that (what Burns is wearing) for us? Hopefully there's more available this year.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:24 AM, EagleManiac said:

Why can't they produce more nice ORU gear like that (what Burns is wearing) for us? Hopefully there's more available this year.

Good question. 

It may have something to do with an ORU message board legend wearing an Okie State hat this past weekend, while on a hike. Just sayin'. 

TheEagleman had to admit he also has an OSU hat...to go along with my ORU one that I wear more often...😀

13 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman had to admit he also has an OSU hat...to go along with my ORU one that I wear more often...😀

You own and wear OSU gear?

My condolences. 

Ever since my ORU days in the 70s....TheEagleman has detested OU and all Sooner Fans....they are obnoxious and unlikeable.....so I picked up on the Pokes and have always been a moderate fan of OSU except when playing ORU in basketball.....I always root for the Pokes in football unless playing Penn State or Temple which they have never done in my lifetime....so yeah, I have and OSU hat and an old T shirt....i need to upgrade......😎

11 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Ever since my ORU days in the 70s....TheEagleman has detested OU and all Sooner Fans....they are obnoxious and unlikeable.....so I picked up on the Pokes and have always been a moderate fan of OSU except when playing ORU in basketball.....I always root for the Pokes in football unless playing Penn State or Temple which they have never done in my lifetime....so yeah, I have and OSU hat and an old T shirt....i need to upgrade......😎

It always cracks me up that OSU radio announcer’s voice cracks and sounds just like Mickey Mouse whenever he’s yelling “Pistols Firing”… hilarious 😄

Disney GIF

Boomer Sooner.  I have liked OU every since I've lived in Oklahoma.  I still root for some of my Indiana teams too.  Until this year I needed another team to cheer for in the tournament.