ORU Basketball Camp

eagle88

I am at ORU basketball camp with my 3 grandsons this week.  The ORU players and Coaches are excellent with the kids ! My youngest grandson asked if we could rent Eli! I told Eli that and he loved it.They have such a genuine spirit and caring attitude.  I have gotten to talk with all the players that are here. Sir Isaac Herron, Trey Phipps and Isaac Mc Bride look good. Elijah Lufille looks healthy and ready for a good season. It really is a family atmosphere here and so wonderful to see  ORU thriving. Get ready for another great year!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, eagle88 said:

I am at ORU basketball camp with my 3 grandsons this week.  The ORU players and Coaches are excellent with the kids ! My youngest grandson asked if we could rent Eli! I told Eli that and he loved it.They have such a genuine spirit and caring attitude.  I have gotten to talk with all the players that are here. Sir Isaac Herron, Trey Phipps and Isaac Mc Bride look good. Elijah Lufille looks healthy and ready for a good season. It really is a family atmosphere here and so wonderful to see  ORU thriving. Get ready for another great year!

Awesome update. Photos would be nice!

I am trying to attach pictures and it says it is exceeding the limit, even with just 1 picture. I'll do my best to get it figured out. 

Thanks for sharing this. Love to hear that the new guys are joining in. 

The ORU Instagram account has several pictures of the players and campers...

1 hour ago, eagle88 said:

I am trying to attach pictures and it says it is exceeding the limit, even with just 1 picture. I'll do my best to get it figured out. 

Your image limit should be increased now. PM me if you're still having trouble.

I was told Isaac McBride is an extremely hard worker.  Coach Upshaw had him demonstrate proper  free throw shooting and he has a beautiful shot and makes most of them!

20210608_100458.jpg

• Upvote 2

Kareem Thompson stealing the basketball from my grandson!Thank you De Cornelius for your help!

20210608_093727.jpg

• Upvote 2

Kareem Thompson,  DJ Weaver and Trey Phipps playing a game of knockout with the kids. Thete are 3 times the number of kids this year compared to years past!

20210609_100935.jpg

Sign him up! Looks like your grandson is a future ORU b-baller! Thanks eagle 88 for the pictures.

Awesome pictures eagle88! and that looks like an attempted steal by Kareem, great job by your grandson of protecting the ball!

Glad you all liked the pictures.  I'll try to send a couple more tomorrow which is the last day. Just a quick story.  I promoted the camp to the parents of one of my grandson's friend. He has attended camp and has loved it! The best part of it is the parents who are not Christians told me and my wife that everyone involved in the camp has been 1st class and that it just feels different at ORU! What a testimony to the staff, players and coaches.  It is so obvious being there that the Lord is being honored in a great way!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Last day of camp. My oldest grandson Jaxon and I had a great conversation with Sir Isaac Herron. What a smart, articulate , confident young man . He acts well beyond his years. After getting to know the players and coaches I believe we are in for an exciting year! One quick story that Coach Springman told me about Isaac. He got on campus last Saturday and Coach Springman said for Isaac to meet him at the practice gym on Sunday morning at 7.30am. Coach had a ride arranged for him. Well Isaac walked to practice through the rain and arrived at 6.45am so he could stretch and be ready to go. This staff and players are different!

20210610_164831.jpg

20210610_165134.jpg

I would give every camper that is there this summer one of those Sweet Sixteen T-Shirts as a camp gift! Just so they can walk around Tulsa with it on!:) Especially at team camp!

• Upvote 2

Thanks for all the pics, Eagle88.  Brought back some fond memories for me of summer camps in "The AC" as a participant, counselor, and instructor.

Looks like grandson Jaxon could already post-up Coach Mills on the block!  lol

You're welcome Old Titan. That is awesome you were able to be participant, counselor and instructor! I am sure you would agree that anyone that can get get their kids or grandkids in the ORU camp it will be well worth it! I think I had more fun than anyone!

• Like 1