21-22 Schedule

Keenan Henderson

The game was supposed to be played at the Mabee Center but due to the concert they moved it to UCO in Edmond . 

• Upvote 2

These two coaches clearly have a positive relationship....they schedule pre-season scrimmages....TheEagleman just finds it strange that two mid major schools only a couple hours apart aren't playing home and home series especially during these covid times....North Texas and ORU.....I guess it just makes too much sense.....🥺

Not too surprising. Colorado State is a top 30 team and Denver is a bottom 30 team. So one would think it would be a blowout.  ORU will have to bring their A game to have any chance of upsetting the Rams.

One would think that Coach Mills and staff are seeking as much info as possible on that scrimmage....not too many surprises in today's world....agree Keenan that the Good Guys will need to be at the top of their game in Fort Collins....winning that first game a VERY tall task and ORU doesn't have the best history in road openers....our record can't be very good.....😬

• Upvote 1

Hopefully we start a new paradigm and move forward with a different mindset like we did in March madness. We seem to be recruiting players that expect to win all of the time regardless if they actually do. Colorado State is a very good team and it will take a great effort to win  especially on the road but i am personally expecting that we will start winning some of the games that in past years we didn't. In other words going from an average program to more of an elite program.

Anyone curious and/or concerned re: why ORU-under-Paul-Mills does not play exhibition games before their season-openers?

46 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Anyone curious and/or concerned re: why ORU-under-Paul-Mills does not play exhibition games before their season-openers?

I do find it odd that Coach Mills doesn't play any exhibition games. They generally don't provide a lot of new information about the team from a coaches stand point, but its does allow the coaches and players an opportunity to run their basic offense sets and look at some of their basic defenses against players other then each other as they have been doing for months. 

They aren't of much value for your older, veteran players. But for your freshman and transfers it gives them a chance to get a feel for the ORU game day routine. It's a game not a practice or scrimmage so you're having a shoot around and pre-game meal, playing at game time not practice time. You're putting the uniform on, the lights are on, fans are there. It just allows the coaches and players a game situation. The new guys will be seeing the coaches written scouting reports for the first time, familiarized with pre-game warm ups- in the practice gym in the Mabee Center and out on the court. There are a lot of little things that you don't do at practice , but do at games.  

Not second guessing Coach at all; I'm just from the old school, any chance to play I say take it.

We had a closed scrimmage/practice game yesterday against UALR in Little Rock. I assume the coaches treated it like a normal road trip so that the players could go through the routine. Have not heard any reports on how the ‘game’ went. 

Given the fact that the Mabee Center is still installing seats, etc., I’m not sure we could have had an exhibition game before November 9th. 

• Upvote 1

Since teams are allowed to play any 2 combinations of closed scrimmage vs D1 opponent and/or open exhibition against Non-D1 opponent, I think it makes much more sense to play 2 closed scrimmages against D1 opponents. Not only can you get more work done and play against better competition, but it allows you to not be worried about getting scouted by your early season opponents. 

• Upvote 1

OSU loses their appeal and won't be allowed to participate in this post-season play this year. Absolutely brutal. I really like Mike Boynton and feel awful for the guys on that team. 

Wonder if this has any effect on the  interest of the "casual" Tulsa Cowboy fan who may be less inclined to visit the Mabee on the 26th given the irrelevance of the season.

1 hour ago, EagleManiac said:

Wonder if this has any effect on the  interest of the "casual" Tulsa Cowboy fan who may be less inclined to visit the Mabee on the 26th given the irrelevance of the season.

Quite the opposite:  I would fully expect a "take no prisoners" approach to the regular season from team and fans alike, because that's all they have.

Ridiculous move by the NCAA; with these draconian verdicts, they seem to be inviting an all-out revolt on the part of membership.

On 11/3/2021 at 2:50 PM, TrueBlue82 said:

Sure to fire up the faithful seven miles north, with TU ranked four out of four in the state of Oklahoma.

They don't have time to ponder their current situation; they'd rather wallow in the schadenfreude of OSU's NCAA probation. 

"Sad!"

InsideTulsaSports.com - "Good Morning Bryce T"

InsideTulsaSports.com - "OK State Cheated"

The Addams Family Eye Roll GIF by absurdnoise