2021 Summit League Tournament

theeagleman5

13 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Yeah....not looking good for DBU with only one at bat left......they are cooked.......😬

That’s it. Bummer. That DBU squad has a lot to be proud of. 

On 6/12/2021 at 11:43 PM, Otis 83 said:

DBU moves on to the super regional and wins game 1 against Virginia. 

In other news USF advances to the super regional as a 4 seed. We used to do that. 

Otis, my man! We sure did! What has happened to the baseball program is borderline criminal.

We used to be an ELITE baseball school. Not just a couple good players here or there, but a high level nation program year in and year out!

I went to one of the last home games this season with my brother in law and I was embarrassed! It was like a morgue, the stands were empty, there were no students there! I've been to better batting practices. There's no reason with our history, facilities and location that we are not at or near the top of our conference and making post season appearances on a regular basis!

Maybe I was spoiled when I was on campus because we had Todd Burns, Keith Miller, Keith Lockhart, Craig Colbert (all 4 played in the majors) along with a lot of other really good players like Mike Batesole who has coached Fresno St. to a CWS and  National Championship(I hope the only reason he isn't our skipper is because he turned the job down). Those teams were outstanding, and the games were great, good crowds, lots of students that were into the games...  what's better than going out to Johnson stadium on a beautiful spring day and watching a baseball game?(well other then going to the Mabee center for a hoops game of course!!)  

The new AD's number one priority; now that coach Mills is re-signed to a long term deal, needs to be baseball because that program needs a lot of improvement! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, ORU40 said:

Otis, my man! We sure did! What has happened to the baseball program is borderline criminal.

We used to be an ELITE baseball school. Not just a couple good players here or there, but a high level nation program year in and year out!

I went to one of the last home games this season with my brother in law and I was embarrassed! It was like a morgue, the stands were empty, there were no students there! I've been to better batting practices. There's no reason with our history, facilities and location that we are not at or near the top of our conference and making post season appearances on a regular basis!

Maybe I was spoiled when I was on campus because we had Todd Burns, Keith Miller, Keith Lockhart, Craig Colbert (all 4 played in the majors) along with a lot of other really good players like Mike Batesole who has coached Fresno St. to a CWS and  National Championship(I hope the only reason he isn't our skipper is because he turned the job down). Those teams were outstanding, and the games were great, good crowds, lots of students that were into the games...  what's better than going out to Johnson stadium on a beautiful spring day and watching a baseball game?(well other then going to the Mabee center for a hoops game of course!!)  

The new AD's number one priority; now that coach Mills is re-signed to a long term deal, needs to be baseball because that program needs a lot of improvement! 

That and a lot of players that played all the way to AAA.never forget the full stadium when  ORU beat eventual champ Texas 2X was fun fun playing basketball against them on Sundays