2021 Summit League Tournament

theeagleman5

Do we not communicate as a team when we are on the field?  This game is like our season, hot one game, stink up the field the next.  Our best pitcher is getting beat up with little to no team backup.  Looking like we will have to win thee games in a row after we play in the losers bracket tonight against the Bunnies.

• Upvote 1

ORU left the bats in the locker room in this one....no runs after 7 innings.....NDSU up 4-0....not looking good.....this win would give the Bison a huge advantage if we play them on Saturday....😬

A very disappointing loss to NDSU,  5-0....elimination game vs. SDSU getting underway in a few minutes.....gotta win 3 straight to win it.....odds not good....ouch!😬

Just remember that the Bunnies have been playing with at least 5 true freshmen in any given inning against us.

Good guys get 2 in the 11th. That big dude from SDSU pitched well in relief but our guys just kept battling.  Scoggins has been awesome in relief. 

ORU pitchers record 23 strikeouts (of the 33 outs) in the 11 inning game, for a new Summit tourney record.  But, ORU was still outhit 10-8. 

We will definitely need the bats to come alive to sweep the Bizon tomorrow. 

5-3 win in 11 innings is a wonderful thing but our pitching is totally screwed for Saturday when we will  have to beat NDSU twice.....oh well...at least ORU wins to fight one more day......EXPECT A MIRACLE.....GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

Anyone else having difficulty loading the video feed to play?  I went to both the ORU Athletic Department's website as well as the ORU Sports App.  I can not get the video feed to load.  Also wonder why these games are not being carried on the ESPN platform like basically every other D-I baseball conference/league in the nation?  Is the Summit seriously that cheap or do they just cater to the Dakota schools and forget everyone else in the conference?  Bush league at its finest.  I am listening to our radio feed and from the sound of things I will probably not want to watch this to finish.  We are getting trashed right now. 

UPDATE:  The video feed is now working but still bush league for not broadcasting these games on a national platform like ESPN.

36 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Anyone else having difficulty loading the video feed to play?  I went to both the ORU Athletic Department's website as well as the ORU Sports App.  I can not get the video feed to load.  Also wonder why these games are not being carried on the ESPN platform like basically every other D-I baseball conference/league in the nation?  Is the Summit seriously that cheap or do they just cater to the Dakota schools and forget everyone else in the conference?  Bush league at its finest.  I am listening to our radio feed and from the sound of things I will probably not want to watch this to finish.  We are getting trashed right now. 

UPDATE:  The video feed is now working but still bush league for not broadcasting these games on a national platform like ESPN.

Summit league baseballhttps://thesummitleague.org/tournaments/?id=14

This is working fine for me

ORU has rallied to lead 8-3 and still batting in the top of the 7th....HRs by Denny and Hall.....Swift settled down and gave the Good Guys 5 fine innings.....gotta hold the lead now and get this to a final of the best of 3.....GO BLUE!:shield-logo:

36 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU has rallied to lead 8-3 and still batting in the top of the 7th....HRs by Denny and Hall.....Swift settled down and gave the Good Guys 5 fine innings.....gotta hold the lead now and get this to a final of the best of 3.....GO BLUE!:shield-logo:

Looks like the boys brought the bats out of the locker room today Eagleman!  Go ORU!!!

If that isn’t a top 10 play, nothing is. 

5:50 first pitch for the “if necessary” championship game