Katie Scott (GCU transfer)

ORUalum

The former Missouri Gatorade Player of the Year just played her freshman season at Grand Canyon University in Arizona. Scott was the team’s leading scorer, posting 16.2 points per game. She was also second on the team in rebounding with 5.6 rebounds per game.

For her big season, Scott earned WAC Freshman of the Year honors and was a 1st team All-WAC selection.

Solid addition to the roster.  From the twitter comments above, it sounds like the ORUMBB Sweet Sixteen run may have had a positive spillover effect to the Women's team. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry but she wasn't THAT good....and why not just transfer every year....adios dear....😫

• Haha 1

Actually, I agree on your assessment of Scott. I just looked on the roster for the ladies' team and I think there were only about 6 people on the roster. Actually, there were seven and Scott was one of them.

41 minutes ago, dave said:

Actually, I agree on your assessment of Scott. I just looked on the roster for the ladies' team and I think there were only about 6 people on the roster. Actually, there were seven and Scott was one of them.

Better get a good coach quick gotta recruit!

4 hours ago, dave said:

Looks like a total rebuild for the ladies.

Yeah, no doubt about it Dave.  When the Coach is let go or moves on to another job, then usually the players follow suit.  It will probably take two years to get the program above 500 again.  Whoever is hired will have their hands full with USD and SDSU, who are light years ahead of the rest of the league.

• Like 1

“(Musick is) a proven winner, so I think we’re all excited about her,” said veteran forward Katie Scott. “You can tell, the way she talks, she just loves the game, loves the girls, and wants to be a steward for us in more ways than one.

“We have all of the pieces to compete at that next level. It was just about putting it all together. I think that’s what coach Musick is going to be able to do with us,” Scott said.

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/oru/kelsi-musick-introduced-as-orus-next-womens-coach/article_1c60b498-c2a3-11ec-9e8e-07e3da8237c7.html

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

“(Musick is) a proven winner, so I think we’re all excited about her,” said veteran forward Katie Scott. “You can tell, the way she talks, she just loves the game, loves the girls, and wants to be a steward for us in more ways than one.

“We have all of the pieces to compete at that next level. It was just about putting it all together. I think that’s what coach Musick is going to be able to do with us,” Scott said.

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/oru/kelsi-musick-introduced-as-orus-next-womens-coach/article_1c60b498-c2a3-11ec-9e8e-07e3da8237c7.html

That doesn't sound like someone that is going anywhere through the transfer portal.  I hope we can say the same of the Moore sisters soon, too.