Issac McBride

ORUalum

McBride looks good. So good to see ORU  recruiting athletes we wouldn't have gotten previously!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Geez....McBride looks fine shooting to TheEagleman.....🤩

I have watched that clip a couple of times and i don't see  a hitch in the shot at all. Maybe i am missing something. 

Very nice pickup for ORU. 

1 hour ago, darrenj said:

I have watched that clip a couple of times and i don't see  a hitch in the shot at all.

I agree to a point:  he does jump-then-shoot (which a lot of guys do, and many quite successfully).  That might be why he looks a little herky-jerky in his motion.

And, occasionally he doesn't follow completely through on his shot ("short-arming it" we used to call it, maybe they still do?)

Anyway, he is super-quick and flashy; he's going to be a lot of fun to watch; particularly against the Dakota schools, who's big guards will have trouble defending him.

In the press release, Mills mentions that McBride is a good defensive player. That would be a nice addition to his apparent scoring ability. The question is what is his place in the playing rotation. Jurgens provides size, strength and maturity on the perimeter coupled with decent shooting and an ability to drive to the bucket. Thompson has size (6’6”) and can either shoot or drive from the wind. Like lots of juco players, he got better through the season as he acclimated to D-1 competition. We need the size/length of Lacis/Weaver/Lufile/etc. to defend the post & grab rebounds. 

This roster of players gives the coaching staff multiple options - anchored by Abmas and Obanor. 

Are there any inside indications about whether Abmas will go in the draft?

If I was McBride, I think I would want to transfer just so I don't have to play on that awful court at Vandy. BTW, does anyone have any ideas what the interior of Mabee Center will look like, other than the replacement of the gold seats with navy blue? 

From what i have heard Max will not go in the draft. He actually wants to return to ORU unless in the unlikely event he goes 1st round. 

• Like 1

Have heard third hand reports that the gold seats will be replaced with padded blue seats. I think the lighting will get an upgrade. Also heard that they want to create more box seats. Not sure if anything will be done to the floor - I’ve heard different things on that. The south lobby and meeting rooms will be converted to volleyball training/locker rooms. 

• Thanks 1

Does that mean Volleyball is moving back into the Mabee? 

Would love to see some smaller boxes, less "fancy" that I could share with my family. 

Volleyball is moving into the Mabee Center from what I understand. Not sure about the makeup of the boxes. I assume they will be similar to what we have. 

Hopefully they will enhance the fan experience by adding more video technology to the arena. It can add a lot of excitement. I just wish I didn’t live 1200 miles away. Thankful for ORUSN. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...