Issac McBride

ORUalum

• ORUalum changed the title to Issac McBride

Wow, quite a pick up. ESPN had him as 4 star recruit when he committed to Kansas. I’m guessing we will be taking 40+ 3 pointers a game next year. Next season can’t get here fast enough!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Wow, quite a pick up. ESPN had him as 4 star recruit when he committed to Kansas. I’m guessing we will be taking 40+ 3 pointers a game next year. Next season can’t get here fast enough!

But, was he good enough to be recruited by TU???

I mean, that's what REALLY matters!!  LOLOLOLOL 🤣

• Haha 1

He sounds like a very good fit for ORU! Yes--next season can't start soon enough!!!

4 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

But, was he good enough to be recruited by TU???

I mean, that's what REALLY matters!!  LOLOLOLOL 🤣

He probably isn’t good enough for TU standards. I didn’t see a Duke offer on his resume and he shoots over 28% from 3, not someone they would take a flier on... lol

He is the other Power 5 transfer we were hoping ORU could find this offseason (plus Phillips).  He was a redshirt freshman at Vanderbilt last year, so should have at least three years of eligiblilty left over.  Mainly played as a backup/bench player behind Scottie Pippen Jr.  Looks more like a shooting guard (36% from three) and less then one assist per game.  Only question mark is his size 6'1 as a shooting guard but overall a good piece for ORU moving forward.

Also, Mcbride is from the Little Rock area, so he was probaly recurited by Coach Bozeman.  Let's hope he can turn out to be another solid guy from Little Rock, as D Burns was.

Seems like a tremendously talented high school player who sat the bench as a freshman in the SEC as he adjusted to the D-1 game.  Maybe with his height being only 6'1" the Vandy coaches wanted to limit his playing time until he was "ready."

I am extremely excited to have him on the team for the next 3-4 years.  He seems like a great fit for our 3-point heavy system and he also seems like a great fit from a character standpoint.  He probably saw a lot of value in ORU both because of our style of play, our recent run of success, our religious affiliation, and our closeness to home (4 hours to Little Rock).

This signing makes a lot of sense on many levels.  Great job by Coach Mills, Coach Bozeman, and the staff to find such a perfect fit!

Great pick up for ORU.....Tulsans better get their Golden Eagle Season Tickets for 2021-22 early......:shield-logo:

Definitely a good pick up, sounds like he very much fits Coach Mills system.

The one area that the tourney games showed needs improvement is rebounding!! 

Hopefully some big guy/rebounders in the pipeline to go with the greatly enhanced guard depth. 

At 6’9”, Herron should provide some rebounding support. Let’s hope that Plet and Clover also come along and help with boards. Not sure if Lufile is an option or not. Hope so. But you’re right, would be nice to get another post player (6’10” and 250 lbs)

Based on who they are adding to the roster, I'm guessing two things:

1. The rebounding and rim protection is in the fold already in the guise of Lacis, Weaver, Lufile, Plet, Clover and Sir Issac.  And, possibly...Obanor.
  2. There's a legitimate concern that Max Abmas has played his last game in an ORU uniform.

Hey, all kidding aside about TU just giving a scholarship to a 2-star kid out of NEO with no other Power-5-plus-Big-East-plus-AAC offers (seriously, they apparently really DO covet a different level of player than ORU), Issac Mcbride would arguably be the most highly-considered ORU signee since....geez, I don't know, who?

He had offers out of high school from the likes of Arkansas, Wichita State, Oklahoma State, SMU, Tennessee, TCU, Loyola, and a boatload of mid-majors (including ORU).  His final three were Auburn (that's Bruce Pearl), Virginia (that's Tony Bennett), and Kansas (that's Bill Self).  Here's a link to an article on Rivals.com (who had him as a 4-star BEFORE he signed with KU) re: his final three schools:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/four-star-mcbride-focused-on-final-three

I mean, can anyone else remember ORU signing a consensus prep 4-star player with offers from ACC, SEC and Big XII schools led by Hall-of-Fame caliber coaches?

Yeah, me neither...

If Max does turn pro, at least ORU has McBride to soften the blow.  He is a scorer now but should be able to develop his point guard skills and became more of a combo guard.  Still think Jamie Bergmans will make a nice backup point guard too.