Omaha at ORU Cancelled

Old Titan

At some point, games cancelled by COVID restrictions/protocols/etc. need to go into the books as forfeits...(see rant below tweet)

When teams have nothing to lose - yet something to gain - by not playing, they need to be held accountable, and suffer the consequences of not being ready to play.

Your team is academically ineligible? 

You forfeit. 

Suspended for NCAA infractions? 

You forfeit. 

Everyone has the flu?  Failed drug tests?  Too hung over to play?  

Forfeit.  Forfeit.  Forfeit.

We're past one year into the pandemic.  There are bona fide ways to keep your house in order, as ORU has proven by not missing a single athletic contest to a positive test.  Oh, and there's a vaccine, in case anyone hasn't heard.

It's now time to treat positive COVID tests like anything else that negatively (and unfortunately) affects a team's ability to play:  ultimately, it's the responsibility of the team to avoid.

• Like 1

It was cancelled because of ORU....not Omaha

To your point, I agree -- load everyone up, head to Walmart, and get vaccinatted 

NCAA should make the vaccine a requirement to participate next fall

Apologies to Omaha - but, the rant still stands.

No program - even my personal favorite - should stand to reap any benefit from being unable to play when their opponent is ready and willing.

I can’t think of any other instance where a team can get off scott-free by not being able to take the field/court/etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to believe at least a couple of these games couldn't have been rescheduled for mid week in May.....weather is nice....Omaha not that far from Tulsa....so bus down and play single games on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons...both teams have to have a bunch of pitchers that could use the work.....just seems to make sense to TheEagleman.....what am I missing?....🥴

• Like 1