2021-2022 Roster

Old Titan

Too bad Moses Ehambe has graduated.  All we need now is a 4-5star recruit named Abraham Jacobs!

Thanks OT, that brings back memories of Bible School and a collective groan as we would start singing the same.  Our music leader always had a tendency to keep on singing it by repeating the song over and over.  

13 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Updated first post:

• Elijah Lawrence to roster 
  • Kevin Obanor to transfer portal

As far as your roster update, I may be jumping the gun, but I think Jamie Bergens is clearly in the "returning for 21-22 season" camp.  I haven't seen or heard anything to the contrary, and in the social media post announcing Jamyron Keller's offer, the ORU locker room had images of Elijah Lufile and Jamie Bergens prominently displayed.  I don't think that ORU would be highlighting those guys to future recruits if either of them was a serious flight risk.

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2021 at 11:01 AM, TrueBlue82 said:

As far as your roster update, I may be jumping the gun, but I think Jamie Bergens is clearly in the "returning for 21-22 season" camp.  I haven't seen or heard anything to the contrary, and in the social media post announcing Jamyron Keller's offer, the ORU locker room had images of Elijah Lufile and Jamie Bergens prominently displayed.  I don't think that ORU would be highlighting those guys to future recruits if either of them was a serious flight risk.

Trying to be as accurate as possible on the roster; with a minimum of speculation.

Bergens played walk-on minutes last season, he has not stayed on campus this summer, and he is being recruited-over with every guard signed this spring/summer.

Until we see something definitive (like a sighting, or his name on the website roster), I think listing him as questionable is reasonable.  Perhaps someone can provide something solid about his future?

On 7/3/2021 at 10:35 AM, ORU82 said:

Thanks OT, that brings back memories of Bible School and a collective groan as we would start singing the same.  Our music leader always had a tendency to keep on singing it by repeating the song over and over.  

It’s the Vacation Bible School equivalent of “99 Bottles Of Beer On The Wall”. 

Okay, now I can’t get that tune out of my head…. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Trying to be as accurate as possible on the roster; with a minimum of speculation.

Bergens played walk-on minutes last season, he has not stayed on campus this summer, and he is being recruited-over with every guard signed this spring/summer.

Until we see something definitive (like a sighting, or his name on the website roster), I think listing him as questionable is reasonable.  Perhaps someone can provide something solid about his future?

I don’t have any inside info but my guess is Bergens won’t be back.

2 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

That would be a bummer! Never really got to see much of the ⭐⭐⭐⭐️ in action.

On 7/4/2021 at 5:38 PM, Dr. Cornelius said:

Shows what I know... Bergens is on campus.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Let’s go!! Despite the playful 4 star ribbing, I’m really excited to see him take on a bigger role this season!!

On 7/6/2021 at 4:17 PM, ORUIllini said:

Let’s go!! Despite the playful 4 star ribbing, I’m really excited to see him take on a bigger role this season!!

You never know who will get hurt and who will need to not play so many minutes for a long season ahead.  We will need all the quality bodies around to compete for playing time and to support one another.  With NIL, team chemistry is going to be more important than ever for a team to succeed in battle night-in and night-out.

On 7/6/2021 at 4:05 PM, Dr. Cornelius said:

Doc, if you’re sure that’s Bergens in the photo, I will edit the roster in the first post of this thread. Could that be the new kid from Rice?

Until then, my only edit to the roster today is a big one:  Max Abmas added to the top line!

46 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Doc, if you’re sure that’s Bergens in the photo, I will edit the roster in the first post of this thread. Could that be the new kid from Rice?

Until then, my only edit to the roster today is a big one:  Max Abmas added to the top line!

The ORU mbb Instagram page has Bergans tagged in that photo, so I think he is coming back. Do we know anything about Plet or Alexandre? If Obanor doesn’t return I would think Plet would get a lot of minutes at the 4. 

Looking at the lineup of players that OT updated, I have no idea who you sit. Maybe the new PG from Rice get Redshirted with Abmas coming back and Bergans getting the backup minutes(won’t be many of those). I would assume Phipps and McBride will play the 2 guard with weaver and Jurgens and Thompson splitting time at the 3 , Lacis and Plet if he returns at the 4 and either lufile, clover, or Herron at the 5. What happens if Obanor returns!!! Mills is going to have his work cut out for him finding minutes for all of these guys!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Yes, that's Bergens

13 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

The ORU mbb Instagram page has Bergans tagged in that photo, so I think he is coming back. Do we know anything about Plet or Alexandre? If Obanor doesn’t return I would think Plet would get a lot of minutes at the 4. 

Looking at the lineup of players that OT updated, I have no idea who you sit. Maybe the new PG from Rice get Redshirted with Abmas coming back and Bergans getting the backup minutes(won’t be many of those). I would assume Phipps and McBride will play the 2 guard with weaver and Jurgens and Thompson splitting time at the 3 , Lacis and Plet if he returns at the 4 and either lufile, clover, or Herron at the 5. What happens if Obanor returns!!! Mills is going to have his work cut out for him finding minutes for all of these guys!

I don't believe scoring will be an issue with this roster. Just like last season it will be defensive stops and rebounding.,

Thanks, Doc - I’ve added Bergens to the roster, which now stands at 12 scholarship players, with no “COVID exceptions” that would permit scholarships beyond the normal limit of 13 players. 

That means only one spot left for either Plet or Alexandre as scholarship players, and that’s assuming Jurgens and Clover are returning - has anyone spotted any of these four guys on campus or in photos of camps, workouts, etc.?