Welcome back party

EagleFanatic

I know this has been posted in another thread, but with the very exciting news today, I feel like the welcome back party deserves some additional attention. 

7D1E2E88-D1E6-41B8-841F-146EBED060FE.thumb.jpeg.5af983c043c96c9f07822055fc3f6edd.jpeg

We all know the level of talent that we have seemingly all of a sudden stumbled upon, and all of the opportunities the success and spot light has led to for these guys.

I encourage everyone to recruit friends and family, and rally a huge show of support for this incredible team. We need to do everything we can to send a message, both of thanks, as well as letting the whole team know we want them all back!!! It's a great day to be a Golden Eagles fan!!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Since the party is Tuesday, I hope they can play at least part of “One Shining Moment” from the night before. This year’s version is bound to have some great ORU highlights. I have my DVR set already. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They have lots of videos to choose from. A lot of them are on this message board. 

17 hours ago, ORUTex said:

Since the party is Tuesday, I hope they can play at least part of “One Shining Moment” from the night before. This year’s version is bound to have some great ORU highlights. I have my DVR set already. 

The introduction to the CBS broadcast on Saturday featured a minute or so of the first two weeks’ highlights leading up to the Final Four, and ORU was prominently featured. 

That's very cool, but I should clarify - I'm not looking for more ORU highlights. They're awesome, and they're everywhere. But we haven't had any meaningful spot in "One Shining Moment" since they started doing it in 1987 (I don't recall ORU even getting a glimpse in 2006-08).

Some people think it's cheesy, and the song kind of is, but I always get pumped for it with the video montage at the end of the tournament. This should be the first time ORU is actually featured in it.

I plan to attend and show my appreciation to the coaching staff and team for their great post season run. 

I forgot about the One shining moment, did anyone catch it after the game? Can't wait to finally thank this team tonight! I wonder what kind of crowd there will be. Has anyone heard any estimates?

You can watch it at the link below. ORU gets a callout (one of the few teams mentioned in the audio) at about 1:26, with a Max shot and the post-Florida game celebration. And they show Max's last shot and reaction at 2: 05 ("And when it's done, win or lose . . . ").

As I mentioned in the Publicity thread, ORU is the only school specifically mentioned in the video except for Baylor at the end. (Not counting the call out of the Cougars - not the school’s name)

2 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

As I mentioned in the Publicity thread, ORU is the only school specifically mentioned in the video except for Baylor at the end. (Not counting the call out of the Cougars - not the school’s name)

Yeah, that was very cool. And sorry for the double post - I hadn't checked that thread before responding here.

• Upvote 1

Let TheEagleman know how it goes, boys.....sure wish i could be there....hopefully some video will be posted tomorrow.....:circle-logoi:

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Let TheEagleman know how it goes, boys.....sure wish i could be there....hopefully some video will be posted tomorrow.....:circle-logoi:

Thanks for posting the video. It was fun to watch at home for those of us who live outside of Tulsa.  As the last announcer said (Tim Johnson) all the players are returning next year and good things are yet to come!

• Upvote 1

Thanks so much for the video of Tuesday night.

Wish I could have been there!

16 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

As the last announcer said (Tim Johnson) all the players are returning next year and good things are yet to come!

LOL - roll the Dr. Pepper "Fanville Jinks" commercial after this news, just hours later...

And this...