Very Proud

Rzrbk32

9 minutes ago, Rzrbk32 said:

Of our neighbors to the west! Y’all are a great team. 

Thanks Rzrbk....that game was an instant classic.

40 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Thanks Rzrbk....that game was an instant classic.

Yes it is. Making of a good rivalry in basketball as well as baseball. 

• Upvote 1

Thx for the kind words, Rzrbk32. 

Perhaps you and other Hog fans can convince the UofA powers-that-be to finally agree to playing at the Mabee Center again, for the first time since losing here in 2002.

Hardly a fair rivalry if every game has to be played at BWA with SEC refs...perhaps a two-for-one, such as OSU recently signed with ORU?

Lots of things are changing here. New AD, we are playing instate teams for first time ever. I’m sure you’ll see it soon. 

Great game with the Razorbacks.  Hoping UA will play A-state or Little Rock in a basketball game very soon.  Last time they played A-state was an overtime NIT classic that the Hogs won.

We are playing A -State in basketball next year as well as UALR. Offered to play them this year they declined. UALR is also on schedule.

I read an article speculating that we could see another season or two of regionalized non-conf schedules w/fewer teams looking to take expensive road trips as they seek to recoup from pandemic harmed budgets.

1 hour ago, Rzrbk32 said:

We are playing A -State in basketball next year as well as UALR. Offered to play them this year they declined. UALR is also on schedule.

Yes - but, where?

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Yes - but, where?

Neutral sights. Most all game will be at altell arena in Little Rock. Played USPB there. Will play UCA and A State there as well. AState in football in LR. Not sure on UALR.

10 minutes ago, Rzrbk32 said:

Neutral sights. Most all game will be at altell arena in Little Rock. Played USPB there. Will play UCA and A State there as well. AState in football in LR. Not sure on UALR.

Well, that's better than Fayetteville I suppose, though I'm guessing Arkansas controls who gets the tickets?

I would have no problem with Arkansas and ORU playing a rematch game at the BOK Center in downtown Tulsa next season, splitting the tickets no worse for ORU than 50/50, in a scaled-down seating arrangement of eight-to-ten thousand seats.  ORU should be able to scrape together enough fans for their allocation in the afterglow of this year's Sweet Sixteen run.

Come to think of it, I kind of like that idea, if I do say so myself!  LOL

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Well, that's better than Fayetteville I suppose, though I'm guessing Arkansas controls who gets the tickets?

I would have no problem with Arkansas and ORU playing a rematch game at the BOK Center in downtown Tulsa next season, splitting the tickets no worse for ORU than 50/50, in a scaled-down seating arrangement of eight-to-ten thousand seats.  ORU should be able to scrape together enough fans for their allocation in the afterglow of this year's Sweet Sixteen run.

Come to think of it, I kind of like that idea, if I do say so myself!  LOL

We're already supposed to play Oklahoma at the BOK Center next year, would be pretty cool if we did a tournament of sorts there with ORU and UT or something where everyone plays everyone else.

Tulsa and Fayetteville are so close I'm not sure why we don't do things there more often. We're definitely making it more of a priority in recruiting for football now though.

Not a bad idea about the 4 way series at the BOK Center.  You could actually expand that to 6 teams by having ORU, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arkansas and Wichita State participate.  What a great selection of teams and all campus within a short distance of Tulsa.  Split the ticket sales minus costs/expenses and televise the games regionally and on one of the ESPN channels.  Of course each school would play each of the other schools.  Make it a holiday tournament spread out over several days.

1 hour ago, gohogs14 said:

Tulsa and Fayetteville are so close I'm not sure why we don't do things there more often.

Any roadblocks re: Arkansas playing games in men's basketball and football in the state of Oklahoma for the past few decades are solely the work product of Frank Broyles as athletic director. 

He simply did not want the Hogs losing to (and in his mind, subsequently promoting) Oklahoma schools in those sports, and that policy has pretty much carried on since he stepped down.

Ask anyone at the University of Tulsa how hard they tried for years to get Arkansas to play football games in Tulsa.  Finally in 2020, the two schools signed a two-for-one contract with the Hogs coming to Tulsa in 2027...for the first time in SEVENTY-FIVE YEARS.

Yeah, Broyles signed a deal to play Memphis (home and home) in football in the 90's and after Memphis beat them a couple of times they haven't played since. If I'm not mistaken, Arkansas even backed out of the last game of that contract and never played it. He was notorious for that type of stuff. 

However, the two have agreed to home & home football that start in 2026 or so. 

5 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Yeah, Broyles signed a deal to play Memphis (home and home) in football in the 90's and after Memphis beat them a couple of times they haven't played since. If I'm not mistaken, Arkansas even backed out of the last game of that contract and never played it. He was notorious for that type of stuff. 

However, the two have agreed to home & home football that start in 2026 or so. 

IIRC we tried to set something up with Memphis in basketball when Calipari was there but he didn't "see the benefit in playing us" and wanted to schedule more national games. Haven't recruited as well in Memphis in basketball since Nolan. Could be a solid regional rivalry if we played more often too. 

5 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

IIRC we tried to set something up with Memphis in basketball when Calipari was there but he didn't "see the benefit in playing us" and wanted to schedule more national games. Haven't recruited as well in Memphis in basketball since Nolan. Could be a solid regional rivalry if we played more often too. 

Yeah. Calipari is a whole different animal. Arkansas and Memphis should play every year in hoops, for sure. 

I was in high school in Memphis in the late 80's when Nolan plucked many players out of Memphis. He built that program with a lot of Memphis kids.