Roll Call for Indy

TrueBlue82

Just wondering which message board contributors plan to be in Indianapolis on Saturday for the Sweet Sixteen?  It would be great to catch up and connect (and, hopefully, celebrate a great victory) at the ORU Alumni after-party (until 11pm) in the Sheraton Indianapolis Downtown Hotel.

TrueBlue82 and Mrs. TrueBlue83 will be there, and look forward to meeting everyone face-to-face (or at least mask-to mask). 😎

When you go to the watch party/after party, be sure to take some photos and post to social media! You can post on this page too: https://oru.edu/alumni-and-friends/events/untitled.php 

I'm so happy for everyone who gets to go to the game! Please root extra-hard for the rest of us. Bring us a victory!!

• Upvote 2

I’m superstitious, and so is my friend at whose house I watched the Ohio State and Florida games.  I will be sitting in the same chair at his place, watching the same TV, wearing the same polo.

Cheering for the Razorbacks, of course. 🐗😉🤣

I will be wearing the same clothes and watching in the same room. Tempted to attend the watch party at the Mabee Center, but I hate to change what worked before. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

I will be wearing the same clothes and watching in the same room. Tempted to attend the watch party at the Mabee Center, but I hate to change what worked before. 

No doubt. I will be wearing the exact same clothes including my 20+ year old ORU baseball hat. Unfortunately I will have to watch on tape delay as my son, who I hope will pitch for ORU, has a baseball  game at 4:30 on Saturday. 

I will be at the game with my 14 year old grandson and his friend. They are super excited! My wife and i started taking him to ORU games when he was a baby so he is ALL in! I am getting so much enjoyment watching his reaction these past 2 weeks. During the Florida game he said it felt like his heart was pounding out of his chest.

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman will be watching from home as he did the first 2 games.....a nice cold six pack of Blue Moon already in the fridge.....Go Blue!!! :shield-logo:

5 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman will be watching from home as he did the first 2 games.....a nice cold six pack of Blue Moon already in the fridge.....Go Blue!!! :shield-logo:

Oh man, I figure with all your big winnings on ORU hoops, you'd fire up the private jet and roll into Indy?!?

Winnings have been very nice but i did NOT have that $45K bet on ORU vs. Ohio State.....but i would love to give him a big hug.....:circle-logoi:

My dentist went to ACU. He knows some of their more successful alumni so he flew to Indy on a private jet for their games last weekend.  Unless I get a similar invitation I’ll be watching at home drinking cold IPAs out of my Eli pint glass. 

For those of you who are going to Indy, there's going to be a tailgating party beginning at 3 p.m. tomorrow. The host is Jeff Hines, an '89 grad. He's bringing his smoker and cooking pork! Not sure yet of the location; he said somewhere within 2 blocks of the arena. I'll post when I know more. 

• Upvote 1

Those who are going to Indy have a great time and make a lot of awesome memories together!  Also, if you can shoot some pictures our way on the sports forum, so we can all bask in the glory of your trip to Indy.  I will be watching here in Colorado Springs and cheering on the Golden Eagles!

35 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

My dentist went to ACU. He knows some of their more successful alumni so he flew to Indy on a private jet for their games last weekend.  Unless I get a similar invitation I’ll be watching at home drinking cold IPAs out of my Eli pint glass. 

Sorry, Otis, my Gulfstream is in the shop...maybe next time!

plane airplane GIF