Trey Phipps in Transfer Portal

Old Titan

Who does Phipps replace, assuming everyone returns next year? Obviously not Abmas. That leaves Glasper, Thompson or Jurgens from the guard position. Weaver or Lacis from the wing/forward. From my vantage point, he could be limited in minutes at ORU. But, Mills does like shooters

Nice! I think he will fit in quite well. So is he a freshman or a sophomore once he transfers in?

19 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Nice! I think he will fit in quite well. So is he a freshman or a sophomore once he transfers in?

I would assume with this year “not counting” due to COVID that he’ll still have 4 years of eligibility 

You talk about some floor spacing on that team!:)he will have 4 yrs. 

I am of the mindset you cant ever have enough shooting! Good kid and will work hard. Needed depth for next yr.

Wonder if Conley will ‘volunteer‘ to help coach shooters - again?  The guy was pretty good at that in his previous tenure. 

wow....i figured ORU was a long shot to land him....this team could be scary good next year...

they should lead the NCAA in 3's taken and made next year.

• Upvote 1

HIGH SCHOOL: Totaled over 1,700 points in his high school career while sinking 337 career 3-pointers at a 39% clip…A First Team All-State selection for 6A by the Oklahoman in 2019-20...Averaged 18.1 points per game as a senior…The MVP of the 2019 OSSAA State Tournament, scoring 42 points with eight 3-pointers in the Oklahoma 6A State Championship...Averaged 18.3 points during his junior season...Averaged 18.0 points as a sophomore in 2017-18 while Booker T Washington finished as the state runner-up...Produced 24 points and seven boards in the 2018 state title game...Led the Under Armor Association U17 AAU circuit in 3-pointers by sinking 4.1 per game at a 55.9% clip (57-of-102)...His 18.5 points per game were the third most in the Under Armor Association...Earned First Team All-Conference and All-District selections for three straight seasons.

• 1 year later...

Assuming it's Witchita State.

3 hours ago, vcboy2000 said:

Assuming it's Witchita State.

Naaahhh, Even though he's clearly Paul's boy, I seriously doubt that...

17 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

Naaahhh, Even though he's clearly Paul's boy, I seriously doubt that...

If not WSU, he may go to NSU where his dad made a name for himself (and is close for Conley to see his son play).