2023 offers

ORUalum

On 8/18/2021 at 7:17 PM, Old Titan said:

Well, this latest report below on Kordelius must be some sort of mistake:  says he's being recruited by both ORU and Tulsa; and we all know that sort of thing just doesn't happen:

And this has to be some sort of typo below., because remember:  TU doesn't recruit the same players as ORU...  #smh 🤔

I'm assuming the TU coaches were in the gym to watch some other guy, since we all know by now TU doesn't recruit the same players as ORU... 😆

Local Class of ‘23 kid to keep an eye on:  6’7” Jarreth Ingram, former NOAH standout and solid Christian kid who will be a junior for Tulsa Memorial this season. 

I happen to know his trainer, who is frankly dumbfounded that coaches from TU, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, and even Iowa have come to watch him work out in Tulsa, while ORU has shown no interest as of yet.

Puzzling, to say the least… 🤔

• Upvote 1

Jarreth is a pretty good prospect. He was about 6’6 last year. Good leaper with very solid range on his shot. He is really skinny, which is to be expected for someone as tall as he is at his age. He could also use work on his ball handling and perimeter defense. He played a lot at the forward spot for NOAH, but I think he should probably be a SG or SF at the collegiate level because his frame is pretty slight. 

I coached against his NOAH team a couple times last season, and watched him compete in a couple of his games at the National Homeschool tournament in Springfiel, MO last spring. His 16 & under team won the homeschool national championship, which is no small feat. In one of the games I watched him play at the tournament, his team was playing closely with a very good team from Dallas. Then Jarreth decided that he didn’t want to lose and the game was pretty much over.

That game brings out the only thing about Jarreth that I think is remotely concerning about him as a prospect. He didn’t always seem super interested in dominating a game like he clearly could. He seemed to turn it on and off sometimes. However, that was probably just a function of him being bored with the level of competition. Him playing at Memorial will definitely show us what he’s capable of. 

Overall, I think that ORU would be a great spot for him. He’s incredibly talented and genuinely seems like a great kid. He seems to fit the mold of long, athletic shooting wings that coach Mills has been pursuing. 

• Like 2

Which begs the question…. why aren’t we recruiting this kid? Seems like a natural fit. 

10 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Which begs the question…. why aren’t we recruiting this kid? Seems like a natural fit. 

It's a valid question. But, if I were to consider all of the many facets of the world of D1 mid-major college basketball, and to grade the ORU coaching staff on their performance in each area during the Mills era...recruiting would rank at the very top. So, they've earned my confidence and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.  

• Like 1

What's crazy to me is that i'm kind of optomistic that we might land one of these 4 star/high profile recruits sooner rather then later. I've been following ORU MBB for 15 years now and never thought I would say that.

It should be only a year or two before ORU lands a ESPN top 100 player, especially if Max gets drafted next year and makes the NBA.  That would help a lot because then the coaches can tell these four star players that they can go to ORU and still make the NBA.  In a nutshell, that is what top recruits want to hear.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...