NCAA Sweet Sixteen: #15 ORU vs. #3 Arkansas

Old Titan

Great defense in the first half and the Golden Eagles up by seven!  Carlos played the best half of his career at ORU with 11 points and 5 rebounds.  ORU has outrebounded the Hogs.  Keep it up ORU!

Great game....nothing to hang your head about.

What a wonderful season!!!!!!!!!!

Hats off to our guys. We will be talking about the 2021 tournament for a long time. That was the most fun I’ve had watching ORU the past 15 years!

Just what ORU would have wanted: Max for the three to win it but the shot just fell short.  The guys played their hearts out but Arkansas just took over the glass in the second half.  Shout out to the freshman Davis for hitting that big bucket with three seconds left.  Arkansas go beat Baylor.

Congratulations on an amazing game.  Not really sure how my Hogs pulled it out, but of course I am happy and mostly relieved.  Just a great, great NCAAT game

ORU battled....proud of the boys....Max just missed....so close....TheEagleman wishes he could hug them all....I need a brandy...😜

Agree with our Hog friend above ...and Charles Barkley said it too....that was a great great game!!!😁🏀😁

ORU better have every student, faculty and staff member there to meet the team when they get back to campus.

I still can't believe what they have done the last few weeks.

I wasn't around for the 1974 team, but to me this is more impressive.  That '74 team had legitimate blue chippers.  This scrappy bunch of 2 stars was a shot away from matching their run 47 years ago.

Big thanks to all the players and coaches from a fan who wondered if I'd ever live to see ORU do something like this.

Baby Hat GIF

• Upvote 2

Sooooo close! 

That makes it so much harder to swallow because you're thinking about what if's.

Not ready to recap the season yet. Gotta let this one ride for at least another 24 hours.

😭 

Only the eventual champion gets out of this Madness without losing. It is tough to take, but WHAT A RIDE! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

All the starters played really well tonight.  Francis and Carlos were as good as they have been all year and Kareem was solid as usual.  Just wish K.O. could have had more then seven shots.  Arkansas did a good job of shutting him down on the pick and pops.  When Carlos picked up his fourth foul with ORU leading by five it seemed liked the momentum swing to the Hogs side.  Max finishing with 25 means he will stay as the top scorer in the country.  

I'm heading home from the game with my grandson and his friend.  What an amazing game and season! My good friend Jeff Hines who we stayed with did an amazing tailgate party which hosted at least 200-300 ORU alumni,  students and staff. It was so good to reconnect with old friends and make new acquaintances!Coach Mills is an excellent leader.  He took the blame for the loss but in reality it was not his doing. The team and coaching staff did an amazing job in this tournament!So proud of our team!

• Upvote 2

ORU/Arkansas was maybe the best game of the 20-21 overall college basketball season or at least top three.   Being on prime time Saturday night you would think the viewer ratings were very high.  God is good!

• Upvote 1

Got a kick tonight during the Baylor-Arkansas game doing a Twitter search for "Oral Roberts" and reading the dozens (hundreds?) of tweets from all over the country suggesting ORU would have given the Bears a better game tonight... 🤭

Not sure I can honestly agree with those sentiments, but sure would have liked to see it, regardless!

A mere sampling:

• Thanks 1