Valpo Series

TrueBlue82

It wasn't easy, but the Eagles hold off Valpo 9-6 in the first game in Indiana. The game was tied at 5-5 after seven, but the offense came alive to secure the win.

ORU's domination of the Mid-Con in baseball is pretty incredible. The fact that the Golden Eagles have won so many (9?) consecutive conference titles and won over 90% of conference games is a testament to ORU's coaches and players. Jeff said during the broadcast that the ORU-Valpo series is something like 38 and 3.... Valpo only has 3 victories against ORU.

Working on Easter??? Sorry about that.

They just stopped play in the first game (ORU is ahead 9 to 1) because of lightning and rain.... not sure what inning it is, but I know it is past the 5th so the game will count if they cannot resume.

The first game continued and ORU ended up winning it, 12-3. The second game was cancelled due to bad weather. I guess if you can't beat them, call in Mother Nature!! :lol:

Valpo probably had no bullpen left after that first game. It was just batting practice for the guys after that. The incliment weather thing should be good for our bullpen going into next weekends four games at Centenary.

Have to disagree VCBOY....

I think Coach W. would have liked to have the work for the pitching staff.

With no mid-week game this week, I'm sure he would have liked as much work as possible for his pitchers. A weeks rest is enough, too much time off for any pitchers.