ORU at DBU

Otis 83

The three game series has been moved to Dallas due to expected severe weather in Tulsa.  A great opportunity for the Golden Eagles to build on last weekend's success in Baton Rouge...on the road against a talented team.

Anyone going to the game?  I'm going to try to get out tomorrow afternoon.  My family and I went to the Friday night game a few years ago.   Most of the ORU contingent then seemed to be family of Golden Eagles who hailed from Texas.  They have a beautiful stadium although I no longer envy their scoreboard after our upgrade. 

Our bats are hot tonight with 10 hits and 10 runs.  Need to hang on to our 10-7 lead in the bottom of the 8th.

ORU playing better on the road so far at 3-1 and LSU and DBU are not easy places to play.....go figure.....:shield-logo:

Patriots draw first blood with a 2 run homer in the bottom of the second. 

2-1 bottom of the 4th. Two hard hit balls were held up by the wind or we’d be ahead. 

Nice! Looks like another good game today, and the DBU broadcast is pretty good. Eagles threatening to take the lead back in the 5th. Down 3-2 but runners at 2nd and 3rd with no outs.

And a 3 run homer puts the good guys up 6-3

• Upvote 1

Otis, My Man!!!.....lol.....hope you guys enjoyed the game.....Adam Oviedo's 3 run jack led ORU to another win at DBU to clinch the series, 7-6.....back to back road series wins at LSU and DBU....who would have thunk it????....let's get the sweep on Sunday!   Go Blue!!!😀

It was great to be able to go down to Dallas and see our boys play....and win.  The outcome wasn't so pleasant the last time I watched the Golden Eagles play at Horner Ballpark.

While I've watched several of the ORU Sports Network broadcasts there's nothing like seeing a team play in person.  While I agree an observation made on this board, by OT I believe, that we aren't real big (and they don't look any bigger in person), they have started to hit the ball hard.  While there was only one home run in the game, as I noted earlier several balls were held up on the warning track by a strong wind that moved back and forth from blowing in to blowing to third base.  In general, balls were coming off the bat with what appeared to be good exit velocity.  I'm beginning to believe what we saw at LSU was not a fluke but a start of a trend. Naysayers will point out the OSU game but I think OSU is going to prove out to having one of the best pitching staffs in the Big 12 this year.

I love me some Ryan Cash.  He's a great player who plays with a lot of energy and a big smile.  In the field, at the plate, on the base paths he is a lot of fun to watch.  I don't know the story that brought him here from OSU but I'm glad he's on our squad.  He played a few miles east of us at Prestonwood Christian Academy.  My son Gabriel has trained with their head coach, Mike Maack, and Coach Maak's son so I know that Ryan has been taught to play the game the right way.

I was also impressed with our pitching.  For the most part we didn't see overwhelming velocity...most of the fast balls were in the high 80's. Rogen had good command and nice placement on his fast ball.  DBU has good players and they got their licks in but they looked silly trying to find a number of pitches.  Now letting the catcher who is hitting .105 go yard when protecting a 2 run league is something we need to work on 😛

I'd say there were close to as many ORU fans as DBU fans.  Like my last visit to DBU, most of our fans seemed to be family of our players since we recruit so well in Texas.  But we represented well and I think the boys felt the support.  If you're in the area I encourage you to get out there today.  Gabriel is training with his baseball instructor this afternoon so we can't make it. 

:shield-logo:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BREAKING NEWS:  ORU Baseball petitioning the NCAA and Summit League for the following:

• All ORU games for the remainder of the season to be played on the road.
  • Permission to skip the first inning of every game and instead play two second innings.

😉

• Haha 1

Great observations Otis. That had to be a fun game to be at. I watched most of it on the DBU broadcast and was impressed. 

I agree about letting the catcher go yard, but I’d much rather see out pitchers challenging guys like that than walking them. Solo homers rarely beat you, especially with a 3-run lead in the 8th. DBU got 2 of those but couldn’t get that 3rd run in. 

3 hours ago, ORUTex said:

I agree about letting the catcher go yard, but I’d much rather see out pitchers challenging guys like that than walking them. Solo homers rarely beat you, especially with a 3-run lead in the 8th.

I couldn't agree more.

DBU 17  ORU 6  in the finale...ouch....but 2 of 3 not bad in Dallas....ORU now 6-9 on the season with Missouri St. coming up tomorrow in Springfield....:tb-white:

Yes DBU is too good of a squad to get swept at home. It was still a really nice outcome for the good guys from Tulsa. Let’s keep it going!